Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charging question

Options
  • 02-12-2007 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

I have just gotten a Jing Gong Steyr Aug. I'm looking for information on charging the battery as it's not specified in the manual. Does anyone know off the top of their head? It's an 8.4v 1100mAh battery...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

It's something like 14-16 hours with the stock charger, you really should get a new charger, and maybe a second battery if you are going skirmishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Jay TLR

14-16?? Really? I had read a few different websites say between 4.5 hours to 6 hours. I was just hoping to get a definite answer but now I'm really confused. That's a long charge time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

check the Mah rating on the charger, and input the charger and battery values into this program: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/downloads/arnies_batt_calc.zip it will tell you how long to charge for

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Jay TLR wrote: »
    14-16?? Really? I had read a few different websites say between 4.5 hours to 6 hours. I was just hoping to get a definite answer but now I'm really confused. That's a long charge time.

That's what my JG G36C charger says anyway, and it is a long time, but you can leave it overnight the day before a skirmish.

Thanks for everyone's input. I used the battery calculator and it came up with 260 minutes for an 1100mAh battery using a charger with a 250mAh output. Great, 4 1/4 hours charge time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Hey Jay TLR, What did you get? The military version or the civvie? Wouldnt mind hearing what you think of it once you get her up and running, a review and some pics would be great too ;) would help me, and potential JG Steyr purchasers.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Jay TLR wrote: »
    Thanks for everyone's input. I used the battery calculator and it came up with 260 minutes for an 1100mAh battery using a charger with a 250mAh output. Great, 4 1/4 hours charge time.

That seems bout right. My mates JG G36C works out at 6h I think.

Tip: Use a plug in time used for lamps ect and then just put the charger in that, then it doesnt matter if you forget it/go out. Also, remember, if its half charged it akes less so I advise discharging before charging(leave time in between for it to cool). Also, you should really leave batts to sit for a while after charging before use, though i dont know how many people actually do.

Lethal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

My JG G36c will charge in about 4hrs with all the standard stuff, after that the battery starts to get too hot to be left in any longer.,

Hey Jay TLR, What did you get? The military version or the civvie?

I got the Military version. I couldn't help myself but go for the authentic Irish Army look. The civvie version makes more sense because the fixed scope on the military is really basic. But when I look at the military one I hear the national anthem playing so my patriotic side got the better of me. It's my first AEG so I have nothing to compare it to for a review. Initial impressions are it's weighty enough, which I'm happy with. It hasn't mis-fired or jammed for me yet. The finish is good and on outward inspection it really looks the part. I've handled the real steel and it feels the part too apart from a little less weight. The plastic parts of the AEG are tough and not flimsy. The metal parts are well made though the paint is very thin. I expect to have a very weathered looking AUG after my first few games. The weak points are definitely the charging handle and the front swivel grip. After drawing back the lever a few times the spring loosens up alot and has some lateral play. It just feels like if I keep cocking it , eventually it will break. Plus the action is wearing down the paint around the receiver. But it's not a functional part of the gun so I'm not that bothered. The swivel grip is a different story. There's loads of play in it out of the box. The real steel feels like solid plastic, this is hollow. The pin that connects it's pivot point to the barrel was off by about a mill so I tapped it in flush and the thing stopped working. It was like it wasn't making contact with the spring so it just flopped around loose. I tapped it back out and it starting working again. Wired, it feels delicate to move but fine once set. I'll not be messing with it much. Apart from that it's a great AEG. The actual workings of it haven't given me any problems and I've put about 1500 rounds through it already. Seems like good value for what you get and a very cheap way to get your foot in the door of the sport. I've only had it since Thursday and I can't put it down. I'll see about getting a few piccies up tomorrow but to be honest, if you've seen one.....

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lol, One very long answer to one very short Question:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Lol, One very long answer to one very short Question:D

Its all good :p

Cheers for that Jay, I only got a quick look at a military AUG and did notice that the spring in the cocking action was VERY weak, bit dissapointing, of course it doesnt do anything, but for those who've used the real steel its a bit of a let down. I'm wondering if there is anyway to put a stronger spring in there, I'll have to have a closer look when I get one and take it apart.

As for the paint, well thats a shame too, but I guess if you want that 'used' military look then rubbed down edges and high points work :p, or if you want the 'Irish Army' look, give the black a good rub down, add a few scratches to the stock and wind some colored insulating tape around the bottom of the pistol grip :D

Thanks again, have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

Found a good article about batteries
    http://is.med.ohio-state.edu/policies/battery.htm
    Hope will answer question about batteries.

Advertisement