Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Tesco PC

Options
  • 02-12-2007 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

hey just got one a them on friday! sounds great i got 22" monitor 2gb ram and 250gb hdd. started it up and was goin grand till last night i tried to install some creative software and it shut down automatically... now i tried turning it on and it says windows installation failed please restart??? but everytime i restart it says the same thing! and it wont go to system recovery!? dunno wat to do!! any 1 same problem!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Wouldn't buy a computer in Tesco tbh. Got a laptop there and had awful problems with it from day one. It eventually broke down completely a few days after the warranty ran out and I paid a private company to fix it, handed out money, and it still broke down again a week after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

trisodioum wrote: »
    dunno wat to do!!
    It has a warranty? return?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭trisodioum

yea i got a laptop aswell and that has no bothers on it like! have it year and a half and prob the best 1 i ever had! just vista on this new pc isnt happening for me!

do i return to tesco or iqon?

do i return to tesco or iqon?

Tesco I would imagine as you bought it there.

• Advertisement

no bother thanks!!!

yea i got a laptop aswell and that has no bothers on it like!
    What brand laptop was it they have Iqon now i think

What brand laptop was it they have Iqon now i think
    its just an iqon family laptop 15.4" sceen 512mb ram and 40gb hard drive! great it is! that wa u ment?

any 1 else got other ideas on how do do this??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Jamey wrote: »
    Wouldn't buy a computer in Tesco tbh. Got a laptop there and had awful problems with it from day one.

You should have brought it back if it didnt work... I assume you did, so why didnt you demand a replacement/refund?
    It eventually broke down completely a few days after the warranty ran out and I paid a private company to fix it, handed out money, and it still broke down again a week after.

Then you need to bring it back to them. They didn't fix it, clearly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

any 1 else got other ideas on how do do this??

I think your question was answered? Bring it back to Tesco..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I bought a Xbox 360 in Tescos last year, it kept crashing, I brought it back 2-3 days after buying it and they replaced it without any problem. Same should apply to your system.

DonJose wrote: »
    I bought a Xbox 360 in Tescos last year, it kept crashing, I brought it back 2-3 days after buying it and they replaced it without any problem. Same should apply to your system.

Absolutely, doubt if there would be a problem with Tesco. I was at Tesco today and saw guy buying one of the 599 iqons,the 160 hard drive one I think. Said it was for his mum and he has one since July no problem. How long is the offer on?

its just an iqon family laptop 15.4" sceen 512mb ram and 40gb hard drive! great it is! that wa u ment?

yes;) let us know how you get on at tescos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

return it to tesco, iqon are in recievership, i.m.o.p. if you have to, take club card points

old boy wrote: »
    iqon are in recievership

any further information?

hey! went ta tesco today and they said they will replace it wedensday when they get more in so thats that off me chest! they wanted me ta write out what was wrong with it tho which was a bit odd?lol any way! thanks to all!!

hey! went ta tesco today and they said they will replace it wedensday when they get more in so thats that off me chest! they wanted me ta write out what was wrong with it tho which was a bit odd?lol any way! thanks to all!!
    told ya! Good luck with new one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭robo

old boy wrote: »
    return it to tesco, iqon are in recievership, i.m.o.p. if you have to, take club card points

About 2 years ago I bought a laptop during a 25% back on club card points and I had to return it and got a full refund, but I also got the club card points!! So even if you do return and don't get a new one, you will get the points more than likely!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

they wanted me ta write out what was wrong with it tho which was a bit odd?
    Not really. If you tried to explain it to one of the workers there then more than likely they wouldn't have a clue what you are talking about (because they aint a computer shop) so they want you to write it out so that they can attach it to the computer when being sent back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Broj

hey guys
    just taken the position as CS manager in iQon.... I have been reading some of the feedback about iQon on boards and its clear the company has let some people down in the past. I have to be honest and say that my first impressions here are not too bad. The average call waiting time in the call centre is 2 mins which I want to improve but overall seems to be OK for the industry. Anyway I want to make myself available for anyone who is having difficulties on service. Also one last thing, some people seem to think that the company is in receivership or liquidation.iQon are not in receivership, it's examinership - completely different. It's court protection from creditors while company is being restructured. All warranties etc are valid and will be honoured...all feedback gratefully received....

Hi
    Could you tell me what database software is with that PC?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Broj wrote: »
    hey guys
    just taken the position as CS manager in iQon.... I have been reading some of the feedback about iQon on boards and its clear the company has let some people down in the past. I have to be honest and say that my first impressions here are not too bad. The average call waiting time in the call centre is 2 mins which I want to improve but overall seems to be OK for the industry. Anyway I want to make myself available for anyone who is having difficulties on service. Also one last thing, some people seem to think that the company is in receivership or liquidation.iQon are not in receivership, it's examinership - completely different. It's court protection from creditors while company is being restructured. All warranties etc are valid and will be honoured...all feedback gratefully received....

Can you let us know what are the company policies on replacements/refunds on items repaired 3 or more times?

all feedback gratefully received....
    Would you do a deal similar to the one in Tesco for those who missed it? Have a friend who wanted the 22 inch screen 799 PC

Advertisement