Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

roof damaged on toyota altezza

Options
  • 02-12-2007 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

hi

i bought a 99 toyota altezza about 3 months ago now and i thought it was a nice tidy straight car but i was soon proven wrong. i didn't notice anything for the first few weeks but after that i noticed it gettin a bit rattley and it kept gettin worse then 1 day i noticed at back corner of the roof on left side the paint had come off and the roof skin was starting to tear so i took off the rubber seals and had a look, the roof of the car had just been bonded to the frame, at some stage the roof was damaged and someone made a bad job at puttin on another one so im going to have to get it done right but i.ve been searching the net all evening and cannot find anyplace i can get a new roof skin. would anyone be able to help me? i would be very greatful for any help on this

thanx in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

get it checked straight away to determine exactly how bad the damage was, it could be hiding a cut and shut or a nasty accident.

did you buy private or through a dealer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

You could try traynors for the roof - but it would need to be checked first - maybe its the whole car and not just the roof - if you bough it in a garage I would bring it back and look for money back - not a replacement car - after all if they sold you this whats the bets their not too legit - do a cartel check on her.

Advertisement