Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old pc €300 to €350 to spend....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Lord Deco wrote: »
    Should play all the latest games,when cpu is overclocked to its limit?

Should play games just fine without any overclocking at resolution of 1280 x 1024 or below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Lord Deco

uberpixie wrote: »
    Should play games just fine without any overclocking at resolution of 1280 x 1024 or below.

Nice monitor is a 17" viewsonic max res 1280 by 1024 pixels......been playing Fear,Half life 2,Swat 4,Chronicles of riddick,Pro evo 6 online and off at 1024 by 768 pixels for the last year or so....

Havent bothered with any new releases,I bought stalker a while back on play.com and it played terrible....I have the cash for 3 games max,thinking cod4,orange box and between Crysis and Unreal 3.....

Have heard Crysis isnt great online,where I spend most of my time,where as Unreal is suppose to be class online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Nothing I'd really change there, good choices, 3850 will be great at that resolution.

Maybe get the 2140 if budget is really tight and just overclock it, an aftermarket cooler might be good as well though either processor will overclock several hundred mhz on the stock heatsink so it's not really a necessity unless you plan serious overclocking.

HavoK wrote: »
    Nothing I'd really change there, good choices, 3850 will be great at that resolution.

Maybe get the 2140 if budget is really tight and just overclock it, an aftermarket cooler might be good as well though either processor will overclock several hundred mhz on the stock heatsink so it's not really a necessity unless you plan serious overclocking.

Thanks Havok,I knocked the cpu down to a 2140,I should get 2.5ghz easy with on this with air...

Final price €321.13

Going to raise some cash with my old parts...

How much do you reckon I will get for

amd 64 3000? €25
    7600gt?€40
    2gb drr 400? €20
    Gigabyte GA-K8 Mobo? €25

If I could raise €100,that would mean my new pc only cost €221

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah 100 should be easily attainable, some parts are always in reasonable demand others not. Ram is worth more then 20, other parts are about right....More so then ever lately though adverts not the best place for certain hardware...

• Advertisement

HavoK wrote: »
    Yeah 100 should be easily attainable, some parts are always in reasonable demand others not. Ram is worth more then 20, other parts are about right....More so then ever lately though adverts not the best place for certain hardware...

:D They seem like a stingy bunch in adverts lol,going to put them up on ebay at 1.00 starting price each tonight....

I will feel very smug lol,if I can get a €100 for that lot,still pinching myself that I can play Call of Duty 4 and Unreal 3 at high details for €220....

These are the days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Im looking for a very similar upgrade myself. Why not stick with the 939 platform and go for the x2 4200+, also available from Hardwareversand.

kazzer wrote: »
    Im looking for a very similar upgrade myself. Why not stick with the 939 platform and go for the x2 4200+, also available from Hardwareversand.

Thought about it,but I wouldnt mind getting a quad core or very fast dual core down the line,when hopefully I have more money...Also I think ddr400 might struggle with todays games.....Also I can maybe get the P 2160 to Core E6600 performance,while the x2 4200 overclocks poorly....

Advertisement