Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a few points on todays game

Options
  • 02-12-2007 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

1.Kaboul is a donkey and whoever scouted him(commolli) knows nothing about football
    2.Dawson has lost confidence playing alongside the donkey and was at fault for second goal.
    3.Keane should never had been sent off especially by the fourth official apparently.
    4.Lennon cant cross his legs never mind a ball when he gets in great situations always making the wrong choice.
    5.Berbatov misses from 2 yards to seal victory and then loses ball too easily for there winner,not good enough mate!
    6.Defoe cant time a run and is constantly offside.
    7.Positive performances from today are Bales' ability to get up and down the flank and robbies goalscoring also Zokora and Steed did all that could be asked of them I thought.

My hopes now are that Ledley or Rocha or even Gardner get back as soon as possible,that we avoid the drop and that by some miracle we have a magical run in one of the cups.The joys of being a Spurs fan Eh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Did you notice the big smile on 4th official's (U Rennie?) face when b/ham scored the winner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

i did man its a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Cant believe it, i'm sick,AGAIN. the ref was brutal,i wont enjoy my few pints tonight after that crap.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

iv said this before, Dawson is useless, sooooooo slow, no positional sense whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

mushykeogh wrote: »
    iv said this before, Dawson is useless, sooooooo slow, no positional sense whatsoever.

His positional sense is dreadful - watched him being dragged out to fb when we had only 1 CB on the pitch. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

KingdomYid wrote: »
    2.Dawson has lost confidence playing alongside the donkey and was at fault for second goal.

Fcuk me, blaming Kaboul and he wasn't even on the pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Kaboul is a very good prospect but he's having a mare at the moment. I think he would have been taken out of the limelight by now except for the fact that we have nobody to step in due to injuries. The boys confidence is fcuked, and he needs to be left out for a few games.

Never thought Id say this but, i hope gardner is fit soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I'm sick that we keep throwing away games like this. We deperately need to bring in someone who can defend and doesnt lose their head.

Some stats from sky

Spurs
    Birmingham

Tackles

Tackles Success

Possession

Territorial Advantage

Also agree with some other comments about the ref. You can call me a conspiracy theorist but ever since Sugar made the FA look like the bumbling fools at the High Court we have had season after season of endless poor game changing decisions against us.

Only ways we can overcome this is by the team improving to a standard where even with poor decisions we still win games. Also fans sitting in the West Stand lower need to start getting a bit more vocal.

West Stand Lower...:D

Tourists and Tarquins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Zokora is nowhere near good enough to carry the centre of midfield on his own, which he essentially had to do with Malbranque and Lennon being natural wide players. Plus he has to cover for Kaboul and Dawson. I don't know why Ramos didn't play Huddlestone or Jenas. Your back four may be rubbish, but they do need some help.

Robinson

Chimbonda
    Dawson
    Kaboul
    Bale

Lennon
    Zokora
    Huddlestone
    Malbranque

Keane

Berbatov

i think that has a much better shape to it.

• Advertisement

I don't know why Ramos didn't play Huddlestone or Jenas.

Other than Jenas is injured and Hudd is too slow, neither do I...

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Other than Jenas is injured and Hudd is too slow, neither do I...

subtle Ronan!

Even Boateng might smack a few of them around - time to give Lennon a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Fcuk me, blaming Kaboul and he wasn't even on the pitch?

Just to clarify i wasnt blaming kaboul for the second goal i was blaming dawson,but i think dawsons performances have fallen due to the lack of experience beside him and lack of confidence in his own CB partner.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Just to clarify i wasnt blaming kaboul for the second goal i was blaming dawson,but i think dawsons performances have fallen due to the lack of experience beside him and lack of confidence in his own CB partner.

I think the lack of a suitable partner for Dawson has highlighted his own weaknesses. They were always there, he needs to work on that regardless of who's beside him.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Robbie's red card appeal is turned down. Well well theres a suprise (or not).

Oh and for good measure the ref said he only contacted the 4th official purely to advise him of the sending off so that he could manage the technical area, as Robbie made for the tunnel.

Have you ever heard such b*llsh*t. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Celtic tonight have a bunch of nobodies defending in an organised way. It can be done. Zokora doesn't go all out in pursuit of the ball, he seems to think that getting back in line with the centre backs and his job is done- classic example 1st aalborg goal. We have never replaced Naybit and Davids in the squad. . With ledley's injuries, I thought Distin stuck out a mile last summer. Need an experienced defender now, as it seems Ledley is not certain to have along run and without him we are wide open. Rocha and gardner both looked promising, but gardner in particular seems injury jinxed.
    Comoli bought 3 french league players- Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, and Zokora. They cost what we got for Carrick. I think he could carry the can from the board if Ramos and he don't get on.
    Fitness levels are improving. Confidence levels will be brittle for a long time. We need to put another half dozen game unbeaten run together. Saw interpol on Sunday night after Brum game- music to watch Tottenham to- someone should compile an album of songs to watch Spurs by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Comoli bought 3 french league players- Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, and Zokora. They cost what we got for Carrick. I think he could carry the can from the board if Ramos and he don't get on.

He should carry the can. Commolli is a hyped up scout. He's way outta his depth at Spurs. Only a matter of time till he gets the bullet (hopfully). I'm Definately starting to Hate him, sly snake in the grass.

Advertisement