Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guarder C4 Glasses discussion

Options
  • 02-12-2007 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

Bought a pair of them last year. Wore them once. Never again. Absolutely hate them.

Two main problems.

You really do need to use the strap. When I did, mine steamed up in seconds. Even on different settings and after applying washing up liquid and spit.

The frame is too thick. So if you want to wear the clear lenses rather than the reflective ones (Which I did as clear lenses are much less visible) you end up looking like Woody Allen.

I much prefer the Guarders without the full frame. No Woody Allen effect.

gc2_0.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

there must be a difference in last year's version and this year's, these definitely do not fog up at all

i find no problem wearing them without the strap??

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

They didn't stay in place without the strap. Well they didn't for me. Maybe I've got a wonky head.

Evolute gave them a go and they steamed up very quickly for him too. So much so that I think he had to wear a full face mask instead.

Bought them last year from ehobby. Maybe they were a different generation. Could even be clones, I'm not sure.

Still though, performance aside, without the tinted lenses they still look Woody Allen/buggish.Could even go so far as saying Edna Everageish :eek:

The C3s are missing the lower part of the frame and look a lot better for it.

Would have attempted to sell mine on but I broke one of the receivers trying to put the strap in. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I have those ones in the pic above, i got them from ehobby and i used them all day saturday with no problems., they took a few direct hits and didnt even scratch.,

well, paul has made me a bit paranoid about glasses that don't provide a full seal, so that's why i got these

vtec: regarding scratching, bear in mind the only reason the lenses on my c4's have marks is that the shots were from a 1J gun at very close range, from further out the bbs would just bounce off without any damage

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

vtec wrote: »
    I have those ones in the pic above, i got them from ehobby and i used them all day saturday with no problems., they took a few direct hits and didnt even scratch.,

Ehobby have C3s? ! They do and all, excellent. I'll be picking up a pair of them myself.

Actually, isn't this a review thread? Apologies! *splits off discussion*

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah i do prefer your to be honest, the scratching wouldnt really bother me as long as it doesnt interfere with your vision when your wearing them but i was just suprised mine held up so well concidering the hits they took.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

I've been using the full framed version since I first played back in February and they never steam up on me. I don't use the strap either because I've never needed it, they don't even come close to falling off even running at full pelt. I'm sticking with the tinted lenses because they don't reduce my visibilty much at all in lower light conditions and the glare reduction from the sun is really handy. My glasses have been hit many times at this point at short medium and long ranges and have no lense damage.

I bought mine from UNcompany.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ehobby have C3s? ! They do and all, excellent. I'll be picking up a pair of them myself.

IAS sell the C3 model (thats where I got mine) and they are only down the road rather than in Hong Kong ... you sure you wanna wait? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

That's what I call the quintessential "Guy"

- Buy a swanky pair of glasses, then shoot the heck out of them. Betcha young Keith's Christmas pressies never made it to new years.....:D

Actually I didn't bother splitting a discussion thread since i linked to my blog post hence the original thread was basically the discussion thread. I might go back and re-post the original review as a full post instead of just linking, but i was lazy earlier

• Advertisement

That's what I call the quintessential "Guy"

- Buy a swanky pair of glasses, then shoot the heck out of them. Betcha young Keith's Christmas pressies never made it to new years.....:D

Ah... I remember that christmas morning when I got my Tyco Fast Traxx... Built a ramp to jump it off and broke the battery cover within the first hour :(

Anyway, I wanted to be sure they would definitely stand up to a few hits, P90 at 1Joule from point blank and 15ft (more like 10ft to be honest), i'm happy now that if I get hit in the glasses during a skirmish i'll be fine (it's happened to me a couple of times)

You shot the bloody glasses. That's like testing the airbags by rear ending an artic.
    Yes, its effective. But can you spot the flaw?

Come on admit it. It's not your fault it was fun......;):p

yea, but the lenses don't cost ridiculous money to replace like an airbag (or the rest of your car after you hit the artic), i realise i have probably weakened the lenses by shooting them, however I chose the blue ones as i figured they'd be the ones i'd use least, clear/amber for winter, grey for summer, blue are fairly reflective, so too easy to give your position away :)

Don't get me wrong, I thank you for distruct testing the lenses. I get to feel all fat and happy behiend my snazzy new pair of C3s. And I still have the blue ones for the car.;)

ah but see there's your fatal flaw, i tested the c4s ;)

just kidding i'm sure the lenses are made to the same standard

Show off.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

They didn't stay in place without the strap. Well they didn't for me. Maybe I've got a wonky head.

Evolute gave them a go and they steamed up very quickly for him too. So much so that I think he had to wear a full face mask instead.

Bought them last year from ehobby. Maybe they were a different generation. Could even be clones, I'm not sure.

Still though, performance aside, without the tinted lenses they still look Woody Allen/buggish.Could even go so far as saying Edna Everageish :eek:

The C3s are missing the lower part of the frame and look a lot better for it.

Would have attempted to sell mine on but I broke one of the receivers trying to put the strap in. :(

I remember that they were poxy they fogged up before i even got in the game and they kept slipping down my nose. Ended up robbing a full face mask on paul for the day instead

That's only because you and Oisin are aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

That's only because you and Oisin are aliens.

Your just saying that cause your jealous :p and you smell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i think i have the c4, good to hear they can take rounds full on, but mine steam up very very quickly. i save them for the summer playing now.

i also tried the anti fog, still no joy...so i guess they dont suit me at all.

to be fair tho...i can steam up pretty much anything....(hhot hoot phnarr phnarr)..., the only ones who dont are the ones i opened op top to let air flow thru, which reminds me i was meant to check out and buy those double glazing ones KD you were talking about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement