Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year's in the city

Options
  • 02-12-2007 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all

thinking about coming to Galway for New Years' - is it a good place to be or are there cover charges at every pub? Do most of ya stay in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭CliffHuxtabel

New Years sucks across the board in Galway. Dont know about the cover charges but every single place is jammers beyond any type of comfort. I always regret goin out on new years.
    Go to paris or new york instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

k-a-t-e wrote: »
    Do most of ya stay in?

Do we stay in in Galway.................rofl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Steyr wrote: »
    Do we stay in in Galway.................rofl

I do!

I can't stand the crowds that Stephens night/New Years/Race Week and all that attract. **** i don't even like most of the places on your average Saturday night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Stephens night.

You've obviously never been out on Stephens night. The only night of the year half the pubs in town are shut.

Overall Galway not great for New Year's. I put it down to the fact that a lot of people staying in Galway go home for the Christmas and the people who are out are locals or blow-ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

New Year's Eve is possibly the worst night to go out in Galway all year. Everywhere and I mean everywhere is a complete rip-off and you can't get a cab for love nor money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Hi all

thinking about coming to Galway for New Years' - is it a good place to be or are there cover charges at every pub? Do most of ya stay in?
    I've never been out in Galway on new years but one of the best nights I ever had out in Galway was on the cheap sitting around eyre square listen to spanish dudes playing bongos, sharing drink and spliffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

kevmy wrote: »
    You've obviously never been out on Stephens night. The only night of the year half the pubs in town are shut.

is there a night on the 27th or 28th then? i can't remember...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭BannedGugai

Roisin Dubh NYEs with Delorentos, The Ghostwood Project, Mirakil Whip, Merman and Disconnect 4 followed by gugai. €20/15 Members into the gig, free in to the bar and free into the club after the show. Until it's full of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

house party is the only way to go..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭k-a-t-e

DonalN wrote: »
    house party is the only way to go..

is that an offer for all boardies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

is that an offer for all boardies?

ha ha!! - of course - let me just get the address for you!!..back in a sec...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

House party deffo is the way to go..or Roisins if you cant find one ..which will be unlikely..what happened to Fight Like Apes playing on NYE, is that a no go? The Ghostwood Project again then.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭BannedGugai

House party deffo is the way to go..or Roisins if you cant find one ..which will be unlikely..what happened to Fight Like Apes playing on NYE, is that a no go? The Ghostwood Project again then.......

Yes, The Ghostwood Project with Delorentos and three other bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I love Galway but yeah I think it's terrible on New Year's usually.

Better off just getting together with mates in someone's house and getting bladdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Well FLAPES were the only reason Id pay into Roisins that night...had enought of the Ghostwood Project playing New Years, oh well..house party it is ..

Yeah, Galway as a whole is terrible for going out on New Years Eve. I'm just glad I live near enough town to just walk home, without worrying about a taxi for once. Previous times I had lived out in Wellpark and out near Merlin Park.

The best New Years eve I had in Galway was the 1st time the Saw Doctors did a show in the Black Box on that night. Maybe around 2004? Had such fun, but they forgot all about the countdown and did it 5 minutes late.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

The best New Years eve I had in Galway was the 1st time the Saw Doctors did a show in the Black Box on that night. Maybe around 2004? Had such fun, but they forgot all about the countdown and did it 5 minutes late.

I know alot of people that say the very same. Missed it myself. Pity that's not happening this year

Advertisement