Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying New From The North

Options
  • 02-12-2007 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey!
    My old dear came into a few bob recently and is and the trail for a new car. She had been looking around and was more or less set on the new civic which is not a bad car by any means,

but i've kinda brought her around to buying a Golf GT SportsLine 1.4 5dr 80bhp for 23.000 cash and for 3000 next year she will get the 09 on trade in which is not a bad deal.

My main question is would or could i better this deal by traveling up north for say the same model? has any one done this for a cash deal and if so what are the pit falls and the high points? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Never heard of a Golf GT with 80bhp, how exactly does the €3,000 to change for 09 work? Is it a verbal agreement? does it take the MK6 Golf into account?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Never heard of a Golf GT with 80bhp, how exactly does the €3,000 to change for 09 work? Is it a verbal agreement? does it take the MK6 Golf into account?

I'd say its a typo, I thought the 1.4 GT has 170bhp?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

lafors wrote: »
    I'd say its a typo, I thought the 1.4 GT has 170bhp?

Not a typo I'm afraid. GT Sport is a trim that replaced the Sportline version, meaning it's available as 1.4 (non T, 80bhp boggo version), 1.4Tsi 122bhp, 1.4Tsi 140bhp & 1.4Tsi 170bhp. I'd say the OP is looking at the "All Show, No Go" version.

Wouldn't have thought buying new in NI made any sense. VAT is higher here and then VRT still has to be applied - reckon it works out more expensive.

Advertisement