Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do your wallets bleed in expenses?

Options
  • 02-12-2007 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

just triing to get an average of what living costs are there regarding food ect (excluding rental) I know many live differently but how much on average say per week?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Hmm...well my rent is paid for, food bought and brought from home..so basically whatever I spend on my social life with friends. Nights out(money for drink before heading out, drink for when out, club entry, taxi's) cinema..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Rent €80/week, food in college ~€25, Rest of food brought from home, going out varies hugely from week to week from €15 to over €100 (It has been a long time since I spent that much). Probably other things im not thinking of now but thats close to everything I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Back in my day rent was €60/week for a double bed/ensuite room.

Then broadband/6, sky/6, bins/6, esb/6, oil/6. Worked out pretty good most of the time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I got by on Eur60/week in 1st year. Then I started smoking which tended to screw up finances considerably but I'd say you could still get by on about 70/80 a week depending on how extravagant you are and how much you go out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

costs me around a 110 a week

broken down to 30euro groceries(wud be more but we get alot of free/cheap meat from house mates dad who is a butcher)

2 nights out = 50quid

credit(not every week) = 20

laundrette = 10

skydiving when i can = 36 a jump

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

food in college 25
    beer - god knows
    groceries - approx 30 as rob from hoem when there
    rent - pd

spending pretty much a 100 a week more if i go out more than once or head out sober..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

wow that amount of money will add up to quite a bit....... oh well.

GUESS MY PARENTS WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT LOL!!!LOL!!!!

Can I ask how much u expected to pay? How far out is it?

well i would prefer to spend very little, but im pretty much off junk food ever since my parents banished them to me at the age of 2,.... so i would say about ...............mmmm 80 a week? i can be very loose on my money though so most likely ill br spending 130ish

wait no thats a lie i love junk food...... so i really have no clue as to how much

• Advertisement

What do u classify as junk food? Would that include ordering pizza/chinese cause trust me ull be doin that when ur too lazy to cook:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Oh yeah. Despite the rip off prices of Godfathers, the free delivery wins me over every time. I mean for sheer laziness you can't have it any other way.

for lazy times i just use craft diner. I dont know if you know about it. Its an american/canadian thing. Just boil noodles, add sauce and you get a perfect, artificial filled dinner in 15 mins.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

cson wrote: »
    Oh yeah. Despite the rip off prices of Godfathers, the free delivery wins me over every time. I mean for sheer laziness you can't have it any other way.

Godfathers???!! NO WAY!

Apache (Celtic Meal Deal) or Cedar House (Family Deal or the Mediterranean Deal). These are the best value pizza places, and they offer free delivery too!!:D

As for how much you'd spend a week..I doubt that I've ever gotten away with less than €80 a week, exclusive of rent! [It's because I'm quite an alcoholic]

cooperguy wrote: »
    What do u classify as junk food? Would that include ordering pizza/chinese cause trust me ull be doin that when ur too lazy to cook:D
    I can honestly say I can count on one hand the number of times I had to order take out in the 2 and a half years i'v been in college.
    It's all about choice..

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    I can honestly say I can count on one hand the number of times I had to order take out in the 2 and a half years i'v been in college.
    It's all about choice..

Woot! three cheers for nutrition!:D and spending hours making orange juice everyone hates because its not packed with sugar!:p

It's all about choice..

Ya big fooking freak :eek:

dont take me too seriously. Tropicanas good enough, mixed with vodka, sprite and maybe some bayleys...... wait no bayleys thats sick.

Mmmm Tropicana smooth.... My only luxuary purchase in College. No other OJ will suffice.

As for mixers, try Vodka and actimel on for size.

And yes, it does curdle :eek:

Ya big fooking freak :eek:
    Perhaps..but not an over sized one atleast!!:D

• Advertisement

Hence the name I guess :p

Well I may have keep off the take aways and then like..but alcohol was another story!:D

Well I may have keep off the take aways and then like..but alcohol was another story!:D

See exactly, you might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb :p

See exactly, you might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb :p
    How very true.

Fine so..the money you save from not buying takeaways can be put towards alcohol/nights out which is much more important!

I'd much rather clog up my arteries with Superdines finest cuisine than give that demon Lodge any of my money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I'd much rather clog up my arteries with Superdines finest cuisine than give that demon Lodge any of my money.

It can be avoided; it's a matter of carefully calculating your arrival so as to always be before paying time, and also, if you wish to be inebriate, to consume adequate amounts prior to le Lodge. :rolleyes:

It can be avoided; it's a matter of carefully calculating your arrival so as to always be before paying time, and also, if you wish to be inebriate, to consume adequate amounts prior to le Lodge. :rolleyes:

Give me some credit, I've been here 4 months.

Get in before 11:30 ('Cept Thursday) and its free.

Loike Duh Dude :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Of course no one wants to leave the pub at 10:45 so you get there before 11:30, and even if you do, theres no one there (And you gotta extortionate prices for beverages there too!)

Bloody lodge, curse it.

Should just rename it "The Mart"

Cos thats what it is! A human cattle mart of sweaty flesh and alcohol. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Mmmm Tropicana smooth.... My only luxuary purchase in College. No other OJ will suffice.

As for mixers, try Vodka and actimel on for size.

And yes, it does curdle :eek:

Try snorting vodka off a spoon it's good for you believe me......ask Fast_Mover I believe she's seen me do this (actually so has Peteee and kaimera and probably Mossin aswell)

Advertisement