Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you know this internet cafe?

Options
  • 02-12-2007 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm from Galway, but was up in Dublin yesterday and stupidly managed to leave my laptop charger in an internet cafe. I have no idea what street it was on, and am hoping someone might know the name/address so I can track them down and give them a call. Here's my best description of the location. It was at the western end of temple bar (side closest to Heuston station), the cobbled streets had ended and, walking away from town centre, I turned left onto a street. There was an internet cafe here with a yellow exterior and the word 'Internet' on it. I think there was an Oxfam Books shop on the same road. Anyone know the name of the street?

Lenny

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 archplanner

I think its Parliament St. just off Dame St.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

For what it's worth, the Golden Pages gives 2 internet cafes at that side of Temple Bar.

CableKing on Eustace Street Tel. 016776111

NetHouse on Wellington Quay Tel. 016351454

If it's not either of them, they may be able to direct you to a more appropriate one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I think pretty sure that's the internet cafe just opposite Luigi Malone's, beside the Temple Bar bench, and near the Central Bank. If that's the case, I think the place is called Internet Exchange, t: 01-6703000, but that's on a cobbled street.

And just for amusement, this thread is already the fifth highest Google search for "internet cafe temple bar"!

OP, if you're very stuck, send me a PM. I live about a minute from Temple Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

I would also say its Parliament street. Definitley a Oxfam book shop on Parliament st and your description of its location fits perfectly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Sounds like Parliament Street to me too. That's the only Oxfam in the Temple Bar area I know of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

It is on Parliament Street, a small yellow shop on the left when facing Dame Street, just beside the 37/39 bus stop. Sorry OP, but I don't have a name or a number for the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

The internet cafe you are looking for is called "Wired"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

It's okay folks, I picked it up for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Ibid wrote: »
    It's okay folks, I picked it up for him.
    fair play to you Ibid.

Advertisement