Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a net cafe

Options
  • 02-12-2007 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but carnt see any other. I have recently bought a shop in west dublin. I am thinking about putting in a terminal or two for internet access. Is there anyone around that has experience of this or even sets them up.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

If you are providing free internet access then just get a standard BB connection to the shop and then have a look here at security issues.

If you intend to charge you need some type of billing system in place.

My 2c worth

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I think the user monkeyfudge ran his own before? Maybe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

http://www.linutop.com/

^^ If you're in the market for terminals for the net café superscouse, take a look at those. Simple web access for sure and not a hope really for online gaming but perfectly fine for email/web and easily managed ( just be careful someone doesn't swipe those usb keys on you ! ).

Mandriva linux do a package deal with them also, including Mandriva on a 3gb pen drive.

Fine little computer for a small net café startup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Interesting box, though a Dell Inspiron 530 DT without a monitor is currently cheaper when you include delivery cost.

Linux can also do multiseat from a single box. There's a company selling systems like this commercially in the USA - they're popular with libraries.
    http://linuxgazette.net/124/smith.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement