Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accommodation in Australia

• 03-12-2007 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Im headin over in January and just wondering about renting a cheap apartment or whatever for 3 people, wheres the cheapest? Any good australian accommodation websites?

I'lll be flying into Sydney but id imagine that there wud be most expensive so ill travel round before i settle down.

Cheers for replys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

the cheapest is in the hell holes. I take it you not looking for the cheapest, but the cheapest near the beaches etc :)

But exactly what are you looking for? a room that will fit 3 people?
    a 3 bed apartment?
    for how long etc?
    you want get to get lease?

if you want just to rent a room have a look at
    www.gumtree.com.au
    if you want to rent a furnished apartment then do a search on them
    they can be VERY expensive.
    esp around new year/xmas ... january a bit less

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭manbat

hussey wrote: »
    the cheapest is in the hell holes. I take it you not looking for the cheapest, but the cheapest near the beaches etc :)

But exactly what are you looking for? a room that will fit 3 people?
    a 3 bed apartment?
    for how long etc?
    you want get to get lease?

if you want just to rent a room have a look at
    www.gumtree.com.au
    if you want to rent a furnished apartment then do a search on them
    they can be VERY expensive.
    esp around new year/xmas ... january a bit less

Yeah will be looking for cheap hostels for the first month then eventually settle down in a 3 bed apartment in early feb.
    That site looks pretty useful thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭langerdan79

stay away from the hostels in bondi coz they're all ****e and manky. you're coming in at a bad time coz most people want to stay in sydney for the summer. gumtree is a good site but check alot of the hostel and internet notice boards too. i wouldn't bother my arse going to a real estate agents coz they basically turn up their noses at backpackers.

Advertisement