Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activision + Vivendi Games merge!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

uglyjohn wrote: »
    its not gonna happen...but that sounds damn cool! :)

stomping around on planets blowing bits off someones mech with all dx10 bells and whistles making everything look better than jessica alba covered in baby oil.
    Wouldn't that need the Doom3 engine then?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I wonder what this will mean for games localisers/QA testers, seeing as there are offices for both companies in Dublin?

What localisation do they do in Dublin? Is it only for European languages?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, it's only for languages, so I wouldn't of thought it'd have that much of an effect on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

to me this has guitar hero mmorpg all over it :P

im waiting for a mafia style mmo to come out, come activisionblizz face...get working!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭wombat

What localisation do they do in Dublin? Is it only for European languages?

Mainly European but not exclusively so.

So does cnet just let anyone post any uninformed crap they want or something? try here for something working with the facts instead of the bitter rantings of a man who can get no further into the industry than a column on a site no one cares about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

*edit* NVM, I need sleep.

Yes, the 3 (or more?) localisation companies in Dublin do EFIGS -- English, French, Italian, German, Spanish.

There's also some Eastern European & Scandinavian loc going on.

Advertisement