Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transition from Acoustic to Electric

• 03-12-2007 2:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm an acoustic player and have been for years. While I'm certainly nowhere near the likes of Tommy Emmanuel etc, I'd be a fairly advanced acoustic player.

I really want to take up electric guitar. I'm going to buy one when I go to the states b4 Xmas.

Does anyone have any advice on learning electric guitar? I have all the basics...harmonics, hammer on's, pull off's etc from acoustic playing. I'd love to be able to play lead electric guitar and be able to play solo's etc but I don't know where to begin :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i did the exact same.started on acoustic and played for 3 or 4 years.then got an electric for xmas about 2 years ago and started playing lead and stuff.now im lead guitarist in a gigging band.

just get tabs, listen to songs and play along.couldnt be any more simple. it will take time to get used to it at first but you will get the hang of it eventually.

Advertisement