Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not sure where to turn for this problem..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Faith wrote: »
    Did no-one else lol at this part?

(Then get slightly worried because he assumed he'd be banned for posting in the wrong forum.)

Well i can't remember where, But i though i saw somewhere that posting in the wrong thread is a ban. so EXCUUUSSSE ME for not having everything absolutly perfect :mad:
    Terry wrote: »
    Using txt spk will never win you mod status.

I see how iritating it is now. Sorry for using one word wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Sometimes they need to rest their whipping arm, and so sometimes you will notice the site will be down for a while while they rest.
    ... rest their whipping arms ... yeah, right! >_>
    congo_90 wrote: »
    Well i can't remember where, But i though i saw somewhere that posting in the wrong thread is a ban. so EXCUUUSSSE ME for not having everything absolutely perfect :mad:
    That's not what Faith meant, Congo ... she meant it was worrying that someone would feel they might be banned for asking a (sensible) question in Feedback. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

It's all down to an admins decision. Mods only get added when they are needed e.g. if a new forum is created, an existing mod is stepping down or a forum gets busy and another mod is needed. If a mod is stepping down or needs another mod on one of their forums, they will generally recommend someone who has helped out a lot on that forum and is a good level headed poster.

OR as in ACs case if you are willing to perform many and varied sexual favours and basically sleep your way to modism !:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

to be honest... i dont want to be a mod... Too stressful having to keep up to date with so many threads etc and banning people <-fun?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

We do it for the coke, the hookers and the god like status that comes with the title. It also makes your e-penis about 6" in girth...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Oh, so that's why I've been losing my balance a lot since I quit :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

OR as in ACs case if you are willing to perform many and varied sexual favours and basically sleep your way to modism !:p

Now that's not true. I didn't do much sleeping. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Slow coach wrote: »
    Don't mind this guy; he's pulling your leg.

All mods and admins are in Boards HQ in the IFSC. This is probably the only drawback to one of the best jobs around: not everybody wants to live in the IFSC 24/7.
    We all know the IFSC is just a front for the boardsieplex, a centre of research for experimentation on mods to breed the perfect automod (locked in eternal conflict with the trollicons, after they destroyed their homeworld with weapons of mass banning), who shall fear no fighting of teh powah and be able to blow away any argument with a blizzard of multiquotes.

<_<

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

He still regularly ends up in the butt cracks around 3.10 in the morning ...
    Kharn wrote: »
    It also makes your e-penis about 6" in girth...
    Is this the boards version of "compensation culture" ? :p
    Amz wrote: »
    Oh, so that's why I've been losing my balance a lot since I quit :(
    Nah, it's just coz you've been standing up and moving around a lot more! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i like the idea of having a room full of mods, busily tappity tapping on their keyboards.

like, a customer service room.

"call in the queue, complaint about Rose Tinted Glasses Forum, who's taking it?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

We all know the IFSC is just a front for the boardsieplex, a centre of research for experimentation on mods to breed the perfect automod (locked in eternal conflict with the trollicons, after they destroyed their homeworld with weapons of mass banning), who shall fear no fighting of teh powah and be able to blow away any argument with a blizzard of multiquotes.

<_<

I thought they had with RUU and were just going to clone him !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

We do it for the coke, the hookers and the god like status that comes with the title. It also makes your penis about 6" in girth...

O.K. I don't want to be a mod. Nobody is shrinking my penis.

Advertisement