Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Album of the Week #17 - Faith No More - Angel Dust

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Great great album, have a signed cassette sleeve with all the bandmembers at home.
    Faith no More's finest hour by a long way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

Savage album. Groundbreaking stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

"Does Emotional Music have quite an effect on you?"
    Mike Patton is a bloody genius!
    buck65 wrote: »
    Great great album, have a signed cassette sleeve with all the bandmembers at home.

So have I!!!
    I was going to get the booklet I had with the Midlife Crisis Picture Disc signed but opted for the Angel Dust cassette inlat. I was always raging I did that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Classic album.
    Saw them live twice the year that album came out.
    Saw them in slane (they blew G'nR off the stage) and saw them in the point
    I think L7 were the support act. Love the album but have to say they have a couple more good ones. Album of the year is another classic and I thought King for a day , fool for a lifetime was pretty good too..

I was at both those gigs too and saw them in Prague in 95.
    They showed absolutely no respect for G'n R at all on that tour, some hilarious stories about band bust ups. They blew them off the stage in Slane alright, I remember they opened with Caffeine ....heavy as ****

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

Yes I gotta say I love Patton and this is the album that got me into him in the first place. Angel dust - from start to finish a work of genius, FNM were a bit before my time so I never got see them live but I can only guess that it was a brilliant experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Yeah, love this album, definitley their best from the Patton era. Best track, 'Land of Sunshine'. The album has a piece of everything, even some country :D.
    Albums post Angel Dust just don't do it for me.
    Got to see them twice, at the Point where L7 supported them and at Sunstroke the following year. Definitely one of the best bands I have seen live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah great album,delighted to see it votes for.
    Pattons first FNM album "The Real Thing" was such a fantastic listen that I was so worried about them keeping the standard up,but I didnt need to worry.

I believe the re-released cd has "Easy" on it which my original release doesnt have.

Funnily enough as much as I loved and love FNM I always thought they were crap live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

So glad this made album of the week. Definitely my favourite from them, even with heated debates between myself and a friend of mine over this being their best or The Real Thing. Angel Dust just seems better written, and more innovative at times

CrazyTalk wrote: »
    Definitely my favourite from them, even with heated debates between myself and a friend of mine over this being their best or The Real Thing. Angel Dust just seems better written, and more innovative at times

For The Real Thing, the music side was already sorted, when Patton came in he put the lyrics to it.
    He would have been more involved with Angel Dust, also I think Roddy and Billy were involved with lyrics on some tracks on Angel Dust.
    Actually, Roddy's name is written all over 'Be Aggressive'.

• Advertisement

LOL that sucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

This really is a great album. I was actually living in the Czech Republic when I first heard it in a student bar, and it was definitely the album of the time for the Czechs and it could be heard everywhere. I always loved their cover of the 'Theme to Midnight Cowboy', it keeps to the rambling melancholy of the tune but they just make it that bit more darker.

When A Small Victory was released, they got Youth to do a few remixes on the single, think it was called the Sundown mix or somethin'.
    Was never a big fan of remixes, but I loved what Youth did to this track. Must see can I get my hands on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Great album, everythings ruined is prob my favourite track on it, or maybe jizz lobber. The last great FNM album too IMO. I thought they were never the same after jim martin left, his sound was a really integral part of the band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Great album, I've given it many a listen and have yet to grow tired of it. Midlife Crisis was always my favourite track off it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Up there in my top five albums of all time. Such an amazing album, got it for an xmas pressie many moons ago.
    Return to my own vomit like a dog
    Rhymes and giggles muffle the dialogue
    Carve my initials in a tree, I will never leave
    Maybe one day I'll be royalty
    Kingdom
    Kindergarten

I love the intro to that song so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Alcoholocaust

Ahh what an album! Completely forgotten about it. Must listen to it now actually...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

buck65 wrote: »
    Faith no More's finest hour by a long way.

same here:D Qued for 5 hours outside the virgin megastore to get in,now it's got pride of place on my landing wall.

seen them at slane,the point w/l7 and sunstroke,fantastic live band,patton singing crack hitler through a megaphone was a highlight!!

angel dust is one of the few albums in my collection that i don't skip through certain tracks on,every song a classic. favourites have to be jizzlobber and crack hitler,super stuff:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 silverwing

I've always loved Faith No More. :D

Awesome band, and the album is defintely an under-rated classic by them.

Advertisement