Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom V2 SD Card upgrade

Options
  • 03-12-2007 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I now have a working TomTom V2 Europe, running the new version 7.1 s/w. There is an SD card slot but as the maps were pre-loaded there is no SD card. I bought maps for the USA and would like to install them on my tomtom. So I got a 1Gb SD card and put it into the slot, but when I boot it, the 'splash' screen it indicates to remove the card. How can I get the SD card recognised by TomTom and install the maps.?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Ok , did you purchase the maps for this machine or another ??

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

I actually bought them for another TomTom Device. But they haven't been downloaded from "My TomTom" account. Would this be an issue? Are the maps linked to the device code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Where were they downloaded from? Or did you buy the card with the maps on it? Downloaded maps are normally assigned to your TomTom account and the only way to download them to there is from the website. So if you paid for and downloaded it on your own account it should work on whatever device you have. Not sure how preloaded cards work.

Advertisement