Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Extra - when is it opening?

• 03-12-2007 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭

I saw New Argos Extra Signage & Canopys up at the unit between Costa Coffee and River Island..
    Does anyone know when it will open?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

as far as I heard there are still acess problems, for argos. If theres new signage though, it must be sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

patrickc wrote: »
    as far as I heard there are still acess problems, for argos. If theres new signage though, it must be sorted.

Appears to have been sorted. This was added to the Fairgreen website a couple of weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

You have no idea how many times I was asked "When is Argos in Carlow opening", in the KK store. I was sick to death of telling people "next year", then the following year "next year" and so on. One person told me last xmas they reserved stuff in the Carlow store, and I had to break the news to them, it didnt actually exist. The person argued with me for a good 10 mins over it.

Duiske wrote: »
    Appears to have been sorted. This was added to the Fairgreen website a couple of weeks ago.

excellent, hopefully in time for xmas so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

was just discussing this matter with friends today. One of my friends saw an advertisment on papers for staff. So it must be coming. But i doubt that it will come in time for christmas though...which is kinda a pitty.

• Advertisement

Definately wont happen by Xmas. I was involved in the opening of stores before, and in staff training, and it takes a LOT of time.

I emalied argos and this is the response I got

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the opening of the new store.

I am sorry to inform you I am unable to confirm when the new Argos
    store will be open at this time.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to
    contact us at order.enquiries@argos.co.uk or call us on 0870 600 2020.

Regards,

Christopher Brown
    Argos Direct E-Commerce Customer Service Team.

so no one knows.

I know...I've insider information :p

Nightwish wrote: »
    I know...I've insider information :p

fill us in so.

The preliminary date is Jan 19th.

• Advertisement

The preliminary date is Jan 19th.

excellent thanks night wish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

This Argos wont carry the full range of products?

It will if its an Extra store. Well it'll stock all regular products plus the Extra range. They wont stock "home delivery only" stuff.

Argos Extra store
    Our Argos Extra stores are listed in red. They keep the full range of Argos products in-store, including more than 3,500 Extra products which can be collected straight away!

from the website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Ah ok, so Extra is a good thing! Thought it was indicating that this store is "extra" to our main store in Kilkenny!

Ah ok, so Extra is a good thing! Thought it was indicating that this store is "extra" to our main store in Kilkenny!

extra seems to be a good thing alright.

Kilkenny wont ever be a main store. Its too small. The only way it'll be an Extra store is if they get to open a second store at the Citymart site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

there's suppose to be a second store opening in kilkenny outside town in the new part of the retail park out beside woodies....

Not going to happen. Woodies only open in retail parks where there's no other shops that sell similar products - and that includes Argos. I know that the company were looking into Citymart.

are you in the planning dept nightwish, or Argos

• Advertisement

Was an Argos employee for 7 years. I also did my dissertation on planning in KK, so I've knowledge of both.

Was an Argos employee for 7 years. I also did my dissertation on planning in KK, so I've knowledge of both.

your still well in the know now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I need a job so I need to apply their fast. Any tips? Oh and did any one manage to see if they're looking for staff?

RealistSpy wrote: »
    I need a job so I need to apply their fast. Any tips? Oh and did any one manage to see if they're looking for staff?

I heard they have all their staff, managers and all , apparently the staff are in training at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

patrickc wrote: »
    I heard they have all their staff, managers and all , apparently the staff are in training at present.

Ah cheers man how disappointing :(. I need a job :S

RealistSpy wrote: »
    Ah cheers man how disappointing :(. I need a job :S

I guarantee there'll be loads of that type of work coming up in the next while, alot of students give up work now cos of exams etc.

Argos only hire Sept - Nov for Xmas staff, and then there's no guarantee you'll be kept on. The carlow staff are in training in the KK store at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Yo,

It is true the staff are in training at the moment in kilkenny and tullamore...I have an inside scoop on this also....

Also the store is scheduled to open on the 19th so not long now...It was held back until the 19th to co-open with the release of the new catalogue...oh and to clear up matters it will stock all normal argos goods plus the argos extra range...Big coup for carlow if you ask me...we needed an argos for ages and now we should have a better one than kilkenny,a lot more accessible one by the looks of it....

nightwish had us all filled in on that stickdan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

yeah ok patrick no problem just thought i would try and confirm it for you anyway...

I reread the thread and seen the subject of upcoming jobs in the store and i can confirm that they will be asking for interviewee for temporary staff mainly for some weekend work a few weeks after opening after the productivity of the store is assessed.

Advertisement