Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVC Window Lock

Options
  • 03-12-2007 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have just moved into a new rental property, one of the windows has the handle slightly open with the lock button pushed in so I am not able to close the latch. Of course the key is missing also. The window is on the 3rd floor so is not a real security worry. However it's a bit cold to have it open during the night :).

Anyone know I can open the little lock? I have already tried one of those travel padlock keys but it needs something slightly bigger. I do have access to both sides of the little metal barrel since the latch is out of it's holder.

I dont particularly want to have to call a locksmith just to open this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Its very unlikley that the key for this window is unique. You should be able to borrow 1 from a neighbour or friend.
    Considering this is a rental property, get a key from the landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cmo

2 stroke wrote: »
    Its very unlikley that the key for this window is unique. You should be able to borrow 1 from a neighbour or friend.
    Considering this is a rental property, get a key from the landlord.

The key was in the obvious place of the bottom of an ornamental watering can :). Thanks for the suggestions though ....

Advertisement