Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Transit van falling apart just before DOE.

Options
  • 03-12-2007 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Dose anyone else find that their van particularly a Ford, tends to fall apart just right before the DOE. This is the second year in succession that I had a string of numerous and expensive faults just appearing in my van only weeks before the test. This year it is a tiny crack in the windscreen that recently appeared for no apearant reason, central locking failing, back door not opening, Air bag light flickering on and off, The previous year it was the windscreen washer motor, the rear indicators and tail lights not working properly due to a short circut. Dose anyone else who drives a Ford have the same hassle?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

It seems like you are having electrical problems. Some loose earth somewhere.

The screen could've been hit by something.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Dose anyone else who drives a Ford have the same hassle?
    You should ask 'cormie'! I think he was going to get his own sub-forum he's had so many problems with his Transit.:D

He'll probably be along any minute! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Are you buying vans off a guy called Cormie? :)

EDIT. Dammit Wishbone got there first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

You should ask 'cormie'! I think he was going to get his own sub-forum he's had so many problems with his Transit.:D

He'll probably be along any minute! ;)

Heheh :) , I think his newer transit isnt causing as many problems as his last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

drdre wrote: »
    Heheh :) , I think his newer transit isnt causing as many problems as his last one.

Maybe the OP bought his last one though. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

bazz26 wrote: »
    Maybe the OP bought his last one though. :D

Yeah it looks like it.
    My father has a 06 Ford transit hope that doesnt start giving problems.I thought ford make great vans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

drdre wrote: »
    Yeah it looks like it.
    My father has a 06 Ford transit hope that doesnt start giving problems.I thought ford make great vans
    The O5 had a serious engine problem, they had a recall, not sure about 06. The best vans Ford made were the last model ie the "smiley" fronts, if you could put up with the noise and the sluggishness! I have heard numerous complaints from guys with the newer models of them being "soft. Ring gear trouble with the starting motor, front brakes on the front wheel drive, the oil filter is very exposed to hitting rocks, curbs etc I would rather do two runs in a Hiace than put up with something bigger that is going to a hassle all the time.

Advertisement