Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing materials

Options
  • 03-12-2007 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some advice on buying plumbing materials. My plumber is due to arrive next week and I need to have materials so that he can plumb the floor before we pour the finished floor.

I was just wondering where people would advise that we buy the materials hat we will require such as qualpex, copper pipe, fittings etc, etc.

I live in the North West (leitrim), but work in the midlands (Westmeath) so can anyone advise me what building suppliers would be the keenest in Counties Leitrim, Sligo, Roscommon, Longford or Westmeath and I will contact them for some prices.

Can't go to a plumbing wholesalers as it is a friend who is plumbing it and he has no VAT number.
    Has anyone dealt with heatmerchants? Are they keen or overpriced - they do have a handy online price system which allows you to compair them to other companies.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Daniel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to Gardening/DIY. There are a few plumbers here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

In my experience there should be no problem going to a plumbing wholesalers. They generally deal with the public - a sale is a sale at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I've used Ganley's in Athlone over the years and found them quiet good. I think HeatMerchants can be pricey for some stuff. They have an online shop where you can get an idea on prices. Chadwicks can be competative.

Advertisement