Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial Dell Vostro microphone query

• 03-12-2007 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭

I purchased a dell Vostro for my sister but she is having trouble getting the microphone working so i had a look at it on her behalf and I couldn't get it working myself. I believe it worked initially but I suspect she adjusted some setting and has turned off the microphone.

The microphone itself works fine on my laptop but I'm not very familiar with Windows Vista and I can't for the life of me adjust the hardware settings for the microphone on Vista for some reason. Does anyone have any ideas?

I know its a very trivial problem but its kind of frustrating at this stage.

Any advice or linkage is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

When you say mic, do you mean she is plugging one in? Or trying to use internal mic?
    Also what model is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Saruman wrote: »
    When you say mic, do you mean she is plugging one in? Or trying to use internal mic?
    Also what model is it?

external plug in microphone

vostro 1000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

ollyk1 wrote: »
    external plug in microphone

vostro 1000

Well, if that's the case, it isn't really a laptop specific question, more a Windows Vista question.

Moved from Laptops.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

More of a windows problem. Moved to windows.

Edit: You bet me to it Tom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Mod note: AC is actually a clone of me. Must remember to switch him off when I am online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

From Googling...
    I answered this on another thread:

About the microphone, I have to enable it like this:

1. On the bottom right (system tray) find the volume icon.
    2. Right click on the volume icon and select recording devices.
    3. A list of recording devices pop up.
    4. Find the input your microphone is connected to, select it, and either use Set Default button or right click and select Set Default.

My mic is connected to Line-In 2/Mic 2 on my external I/O box and it works just fine with another computer.

Hope this helps!

Advertisement