Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popularity of snowboarding Vs skiing!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Ski-board (blades)
    BOOO !!!!!

Down with that sort of thing - you'll enjoy it for a while and then get on the board and forget what you're missing!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah I started snowboarding over Xmas...picked it up very quckly, was going down the top of decent blues in Livigno by day one and reds by day 2. Carving only when i was going too fast...

...then i twisted my knee...

But love it so will be going to Canada next November to go boarding for a season...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Board
    ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    So I went and did a 3-day ski school. And I've been converted. :)
    Oh the irony...
    Welcome back to the right side of the force. We thought we had lost you to the dark side forerver but I could sense there was still good in you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Blades > all

Skiied for 3 years before trying blades and don't ever want to go back. I even converted 6 skiiers from the group to blades and they absolutley love them, can't see them going back either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Board
    Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Blades > all
    Blades are bloody great fun, but I tend to only spend a day or so on them each trip as I do get a bit knackered after flying about on them all day with all the extra turning. A bit of both ski's and blades for me as I also love the speed that I get out of the ski's which I'd get nowhere near on the blades before they become unstable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement