Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tommy Halferty

• 03-12-2007 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here heard of him? He used to be my music teacher in school, back in the 80s. I didn't play then, and didn't fully appreciate having a jazz guitarist as my teacher. He even brought his trio into the classroom to perform for us, including the late, great Johnny Wadham on drums. Even my teenage, non-jazz-listening self of those days was impressed. Does Tommy still perform? Anyone been to see him recently?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Has anyone here heard of him? He used to be my music teacher in school, back in the 80s. I didn't play then, and didn't fully appreciate having a jazz guitarist as my teacher. He even brought his trio into the classroom to perform for us, including the late, great Johnny Wadham on drums. Even my teenage, non-jazz-listening self of those days was impressed. Does Tommy still perform? Anyone been to see him recently?

Yeah, keep an eye on the gigs at J.J. Smiths. He performs there from time to time. You should get some info on :

www.improvisedmusic.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ah Halfo, legend of a man. I had him all through my years of school and he used to always let me skive off and jam with him while the rest of the class did essays or something.
    Amazing improv player, he literally made my jaw drop to the floor nearly every time we jammed. And he's also a top bloke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Yes, still gigging alright. Played at a few of our gigs over the summer, nice bloke.

Advertisement