Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Lupo door mirror

Options
  • 03-12-2007 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Some scumbag kicked the passenger side door mirror off my little sister's VW Lupo at the weeked. I'm not going to go into a rant as to the thrill these little scumbags get from this but to cut a long story short the mirror and housing needs to be replaced. Have tried ringing a few scrap yards but no joy as the Lupo wasn't exactly a sales success.

The Seat Arosa is the sister car of the Lupo but does it use the exact same door mirror? Also looking at the facelifted VW Polo (2000 to 2002) it looks like the passenger wing mirror seems to be the same. If so this would make finding a used one from a scrap yard that much easier to find.

Does anyone know if the Lupo/Arosa/Polo/Ibiza passenger mirror is the same part (hoping Crosstownk can assist here)? BTW the Lupo mirror is manually operated and not electric or heated.

I tried micksgarage but they don't stock that part and only want to go to Tranors if all other options return no joy.

Thanks,
    Bazz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It might be bazz - what year is the Lupo?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There's a RHS mirror on fleabay, but it doesn't list compatibility with the Polo/Ibiza, sorry I can't help more ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Oops, there is a left hand frame for a Lupo mirror on the bay, the item number is 110183756546, you'd still need glass, and a painted cover over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

crosstownk wrote: »
    It might be bazz - what year is the Lupo?

2000 reg. Thanks Crosstownk.

Also thanks Ned, I'll check out eBay, replacement glass is not a problem, we can get that local. Housing is standard black, none colour coded.

Sorry bazz, they are not the same. Most of the internal parts are identical and it also looks like the mirror glass itself is interchangeable. But the part number for the housing is specific to the Lupo. I reckon the reason for this is that the moulded plastic section that fits against the door - the section that contains the mounting bolts - is most likely shaped to match the Lupo door - and the Lupo door is different to the Polo door.

I reckon the part number you're looking for (manual adjustment/no heater element/black finish) is 6X2 857 507 B 01C. The mirror glass will depend on whether the glass has a wide angle or not and may also be chassis number dependent.

The mirror housing itself comprises of some, not all of the parts. Have a look at the attached illustration to determine if you need additional parts.

• Advertisement

crosstownk wrote: »
    Sorry bazz, they are not the same. Most of the internal parts are identical and it also looks like the mirror glass itself is interchangeable. But the part number for the housing is specific to the Lupo. I reckon the reason for this is that the moulded plastic section that fits against the door - the section that contains the mounting bolts - is most likely shaped to match the Lupo door - and the Lupo door is different to the Polo door.

I reckon the part number you're looking for (manual adjustment/no heater element/black finish) is 6X2 857 507 B 01C. The mirror glass will depend on whether the glass has a wide angle or not and may also be chassis number dependent.

The mirror housing itself comprises of some, not all of the parts. Have a look at the attached illustration to determine if you need additional parts.

Thanks Crosstownk, great help as always.

Pitty they are not a match but it does sense. I will have a close look at it this evening as she only gave me a brief discription of what happened.

Thanks again.

Sorry bazz - I never compared the Lupo with the Arosa - It turns out the part number is the same but only up to Arosa chassis number VSSZZZ6HZ3-011950. Which, IIRC indicates a 2003 Arosa. There will be a letter where I put the " - " which is of no real concern as it only identifies the manufacturing plant. If you do find a donor Arosa - just be sure the 10th digit in is less than 3, and if it is 3 then the the serial number (last six digits) must be less than that indicated above.

Local VW stealer just got back to me - price for the part number I quoted is €79.35 plus VAT. And you will still need a mirror glass. It might be worth checking with Otto > http://www.otto.ie/iopen24/defaultarticle.php?cArticlePath=78_71

Thanks once again Crosstownk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

jesus that's some helpful posting right there

legend

• Advertisement
Advertisement