Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Solid state storage Linux lappy - Thoughts ?

• 03-12-2007 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

Anyone see these:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-154-AS

Looks cool and I think its a great idea.

Says 15 seconds to boot , sweet.

I am thinking of gettting one just to see what its like.

I wonder could you add an internal hdd to it though, kinda suks if u cant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Think there an 8gb model too, not sure if it's out, but it doesn't take a 2.5" anyway. Get it slight cheaper here and here in black.

Would be handy for bringing around for wifi and documents etc. SD slot could use as some extra storage with a big card.

I was thinking of getting one too, should be fine with XP and be cool for playing old games from >2002 ish (something I'm doing an awful lot lately)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

HavoK wrote: »
    Think there an 8gb model too, not sure if it's out, but it doesn't take a 2.5" anyway. Get it slight cheaper here and here in black.

Would be handy for bringing around for wifi and documents etc. SD slot could use as some extra storage with a big card.

I was thinking of getting one too, should be fine with XP and be cool for playing old games from >2002 ish (something I'm doing an awful lot lately)

yeh they look pretty handy, and for that price you cant really go wrong ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Pity there wasn't space for an internal hd, great at that price tho.

Advertisement