Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

to eejits overtaking on spine road

Options
  • 03-12-2007 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

the speed limit on spine road is 15 km/h! I accept that it's quite slow and most people drive slightly over that (up to 30km/h). But come one, if someone is driving at around 30km/h it would be extremely dangerous and stupid to overtake them, specially in low visibility conditions (dusk/night). How much does it cut your journey time? 5 seconds? There's lots of kids around, and it would be easy to miss them if you're overtaking.....

I've been overtaken twice in the past couple of weeks on the spine road, both times driving fairly faster than the 15 km/h limit. The culprits were a dark coloured Skoda living on top section of the park, and a dark BMW living in park or cresecent. Come on, don't be stupid!!! Next time I wont write here, I'll ring the guards / traffic watch to report wreckless driving!

We really need speed ramps and other calming measures on spine road as long as we have brainless and careless neighbours like these...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

No offence MuffinsDa, but while hammering the keyboard typing out the above might relieve your frustration at the small d*cked gobsh*tes intent on increasing their self esteem by dangerous driving, its hardly going to have an effect on them.
    Next time simply take the plate number and call the Guards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

daveco23 wrote: »
    No offence MuffinsDa, but while hammering the keyboard typing out the above might relieve your frustration at the small d*cked gobsh*tes intent on increasing their self esteem by dangerous driving, its hardly going to have an effect on them.
    Next time simply take the plate number and call the Guards

Yeah I know, but on the off chance that they have enough brains to use internet ... :)

I actually got so pissed off with one of themthat later on went up and found where it was parked (the Skoda), so if I ring the Guards I can give them his address as well as the reg no. You're right, they really deserve to be reported, they are playing with the lives of kids and other road users....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Muppetry of the highest order.

Well done MuffinsDa.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

is the limit on the spine road 15? I know 15 km/h signs have gone up in the Court but I haven't seen any on the spine road.

Either way, I don't think speed limits will make any difference - they're poorly enforced on major roads, they're hardly going to be enforced in a housing estate (and with the estate being private I doubt they have any legal standing anyway). Ramps are the answer - there should be one at each junction on the spine road. Something like this (from my old estate in Bray):

rampsmw7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

yep, it's not a matter of speed limit, it's a matter of common sense and using the few brain cells they might have to figure out an overtaking in dusk with very little visibility in a residential area might cut 5-10 seconds of their travel time but may kill a pedestrian!

Ramps are the best way, and need to be put in as soon as possible... I've spoken about it to members of management company/committee that I knew, but nothing's come out yet... landscaping and grass conditions are far more important than trivial things like people's lives, obviously!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

i have to agree that ramps are more important than grass cutting. i would sooner see €30k going on road safety in the area rather than landscaping.
    its hard enough to see cars when comming out of the estate's even with people doing only 20kmh on the spine road.
    if you dont want to get the garda involved just drop a letter in the box when they are out asking them to slow down and dont put your name on it.

Advertisement