Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I entitled to a new TV?

Options
  • 03-12-2007 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Got a 32inch lcd tv on the 6th of december last year. About a month ago it stopped working so I contacted pcworld(whom we purchased it from) and they ordered parts, sent out an engineer etc. It took 2 attempts to back order the correct part and when the engineer fitted the part it turned out to be faulty. So another part was ordered for the tv which is yet to arrive. So anyway, what are my legal rights? Am I entitled to a new tv as I think I have waited a reasonable ammount of time for the tv to be repaired??? (it will be a month this wednesday since I first reported the fault)
    I just want some information as the tv is only 3 days away from being out of warranty and dont want to be stuck with a broken tv.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A shop can offer you a refund, repair or replacement at their discretion. If you go down the repair avenue, then you are entitled to expect a repair to be permanent. If this turns out to not be the case, then you can seek a replacement or refund.

See Consumer Connect for more information on this.

I think that as you reported the fault prior to the end-date of the warranty, that you will be covered. But I'm not sure on this so if anyone can comment that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Imo you should try asap to get a replacement, for all you know the place you bought it could be aware of the warranty and be trying to push it over the time limit. Put in for a return and keep records of you requesting the replacement so you have proof that you asked before the warranty went out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ow2h7nft1me9i4

Contacted the engineer fella yesterday and said it is unlikely that the part for the tv will be in by thursday. He said it is pcworlds policy to give a replacement tv(of the same value, or pay the difference for a higher value tv) if 28 days have passed without a successful repair. So tomoro the 6th is 28 days since the fault was first reported, and the same day the 1 year warranty expires! How strange! Lets just hope everything turns out as good as it sounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Once you have it reported, its their business to fix it even though tomorrow goes over the 1 year date so don't worry even if they attempt to feed you rubbish about out of warranty

Advertisement