Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remote central locking ket fob

Options
  • 03-12-2007 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I see on the Ford spare parts website that I can get a new remote central locking key fob. I bought my '00 Focus in August but I did not get a remote central locking key fob. If I bought this one will it work on my car or does it have to be programmed. If so, then who can I get to programme it?

Cheers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

it will have to be programmed, you'll have to take it to a ford dealer so give a few of them a ring and get an idea of the cost before you buy the fob.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Baldie wrote: »
    Hi,

I see on the Ford spare parts website that I can get a new remote central locking key fob. I bought my '00 Focus in August but I did not get a remote central locking key fob. If I bought this one will it work on my car or does it have to be programmed. If so, then who can I get to programme it?

Cheers.

If you only got a key with it and no remote .. then the car only came with central locking. If you get a remote your car needs to have REMOTE central locking. Its not going to work if theres no receiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

vtec wrote: »
    it will have to be programmed, you'll have to take it to a ford dealer so give a few of them a ring and get an idea of the cost before you buy the fob.,

Ford remotes can be programmed yourself,no need to bring to a main dealer;)
    if you already have 2 coded key(which start the engine) then you can also programme it yourself to start the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Its all in manual, on how to reprogram the fob. At least it was on the mondeo I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Its all in manual, on how to reprogram the fob. At least it was on the mondeo I had.

I didn't get a manual I'm afriad. Can I download it anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

Baldie wrote: »
    I didn't get a manual I'm afriad. Can I download it anywhere?

this will show you how to programme the remote key fob to open/lock the doors/boot-http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055197886;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

mondeoman wrote: »
    this will show you how to programme the remote key fob to open/lock the doors/boot-http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055197886;)

Hi Mondeoman,

I tried this procedure on a new romote key for my '00 Ford Focus, but it will not work. Does the key have to be linked to the imobiliser first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

As someone earlier said. It's all about the module in your car. The car originally didn't have ''remote'' central locking so you simply can't code one in i'm afraid.

Advertisement