Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inter and Roma ready to open Serie A gap

• 03-12-2007 3:11pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

MILAN, Dec 3 (Reuters) - Leaders Inter Milan and second-placed AS Roma can break away from the pack on Wednesday if they win their games in hand at home to Lazio and Cagliari respectively.

Click here
    The two matches were postponed following the shooting of a Lazio fan by a policeman at a service station on November 11.

Champions Inter, undefeated in the league this term, top Serie A on 31 points with Roma three behind and Juventus third on 26 points having played a game more.

Inter were ruthless in their 2-0 win at fifth-placed Fiorentina on Sunday but lost midfielder Olivier Dacourt to a knee injury and he is now a big doubt for the match against struggling Lazio.

The Rome club, who unlike Inter and Roma are in danger of not reaching the Champions league last 16, drew 1-1 at lowly Siena on Sunday with 43-year-old goalkeeper Marco Ballotta dropping the ball for Siena's equaliser.

A 2-1 win over high-flying Udinese, who were reduced to nine men in the second half, propelled Roma into second after Juve's 0-0 draw at AC Milan on Saturday.

Roma striker Francesco Totti, an unused substitute against Udinese, looks likely to feature against Cagliari following more than a month out with a foot problem.

Cagliari drew 0-0 with Livorno on Sunday to remain third from bottom.

On Thursday, Juventus visit Empoli in the first leg of the Italian Cup last 16 with other fixtures in the round spread across December.

Forward Alessandro Del Piero, benched for their last two outings, may be handed a start in the lesser competition with his importance to Juve continuing to ebb away.

The second legs are due to take place on Jan. 16.

Lazio havent had a good run lately. Inter from what I hear were very good at the weekend but still havent learnt to kill the game. Inter to win.

Roma should be more or less at full strenght so should win easily

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Inter have easy 3-0 win and Roma a 2-0 win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Any idea who got the Roma goals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Taddei got both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Any idea who got the Roma goals?

And here's me thinking you were a huge Roma fan... :rolleyes: :)

I can't magically make Roma games appear on TV, however much I want to.

I go on the Roma website, but they don't(well I cannot understand) where they suggest who scored, for example I thought Vucinic set up Brighi to score..from reading the website.

I support them in the sense that as much as I can being from a foreign country. I am delighted when they win, I buy the jerseys and other sort of stuff. Like I'm hardly claiming to be an Ultra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm under the impression (from a Roma fan I met over here in London) that it's possible to register on their website online so you are able to watch all of their matches. No idea how you'd find out about that though, as the website is in Italian :)

Cheers, will have a look at it now. Myself and Google translator may become best mates over the next few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

www.livescore.com if you ever need to find out in a hurry again who scored.
    Goals from every league updated every 2-3 mins.

Oh man thanks a lot.

I can't magically make Roma games appear on TV, however much I want to.

I go on the Roma website, but they don't(well I cannot understand) where they suggest who scored, for example I thought Vucinic set up Brighi to score..from reading the website.

I support them in the sense that as much as I can being from a foreign country. I am delighted when they win, I buy the jerseys and other sort of stuff. Like I'm hardly claiming to be an Ultra.

Register with Bet365.com and they show Roma most weeks. Costs nothing!

• Advertisement

IrishMike wrote: »
    www.livescore.com if you ever need to find out in a hurry again who scored.
    Goals from every league updated every 2-3 mins.

Try http://www.gazzetta.it/ on the right (when there's a game) select "temporeale" and you'll get a scoreboard for the league. You can select a game by clicking it to get detailed info. Also on this page you can check each players stats for the game - in-game! - what the tactics are and where the passing is actually going. There's a tremendous depth of info on here - just select the bits you're interested in, and mostly it's easy to understand, even if you don't read Italian.

Is the stream good? I just signed up just now. Thanks for the heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Try http://www.gazzetta.it/ on the right (when there's a game) select "temporeale" and you'll get a scoreboard for the league. You can select a game by clicking it to get detailed info. Also on this page you can check each players stats for the game - in-game! - what the tactics are and where the passing is actually going. There's a tremendous depth of info on here - just select the bits you're interested in, and mostly it's easy to understand, even if you don't read Italian.

Got anything like that for the premiership nipplenuts ?
    Pretty cool site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

I read Tim Parks: 'a season with Verona' a few years back and have kept an eye on them since, they were the last team outside the big guns to win 'Serie A' back in 1985. They are now bottom of Serie C1 and heading into oblivion (Leeds Utd Like) http://www.soccerway.com/national/italy/serie-c1/ . Oh how the mighty have fallen, some might say they deserve it because of their racist fans, still came as a bit of a shock.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

patmac wrote: »
    I read Tim Parks: 'a season with Verona' a few years back and have kept an eye on them since, they were the last team outside the big guns to win 'Serie A' back in 1985. They are now bottom of Serie C1 and heading into oblivion (Leeds Utd Like) http://www.soccerway.com/national/italy/serie-c1/ . Oh how the mighty have fallen, some might say they deserve it because of their racist fans, still came as a bit of a shock.

There are a few verona teams isnt there like Chievo verona who ar in Serie B

Advertisement