Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to live

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭next

If I won a house on the Dunmore rd. I'd not take it ! I'd go nuts with the traffic everyday.
    as for Viewmount about 3 years ago it had the biggest break record in the city I was told this by a cop I was very surprised as you'd rarely see the address in the paper as a problem area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 well well well

i lived in ardmore pk for years my 4kids were born there av to say never had a problem there. 95%of the people there were grand decent people .every one there seemed to look out for each other there was a good community spirit there .my kids are well mannered good kids .left thers some years ago .i would imagine thats the way it is in most council estates. you dont get that in privite estates most of the time they are trying to out do each other eg better house ,car ect...in saying all this if one of my kids was going to college and was renting a house i wouldnt like to see em renting in one of these estates.not because of the estates but that 5% who ruin these estates for restof the good decent people living there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

jmcc wrote: »
    Generalisations can be dangerous. :)

Indeed they can. Just as Ri na hEireann tried to do with the top of the town. Glass houses, stones, and all of that.;):)

i lived in ardmore pk for years my 4kids were born there av to say never had a problem there. 95%of the people there were grand decent people .every one there seemed to look out for each other there was a good community spirit there .my kids are well mannered good kids .left thers some years ago .i would imagine thats the way it is in most council estates. you dont get that in privite estates most of the time they are trying to out do each other eg better house ,car ect...in saying all this if one of my kids was going to college and was renting a house i wouldnt like to see em renting in one of these estates.not because of the estates but that 5% who ruin these estates for restof the good decent people living there.

What are you saying exactly? That somehow, people in private estates are unable to develop a community spirit and spend their day trying to outdo each other? A very bad generalisation if ever there was one.

I would agree with your other comments though. But the figure of 5% is nearer 15-20%. Even in private estates it could run to between 5 & 10% in some areas (of course we COULDN'T include the Dunmow Woad in that!:D)

rohe wrote: »
    i live in larchville and i recently rang about a job in the munster express and a very posh man answered,i asked about the job, i had the right qualifications, i could do the hours and could start straight away,the guy then asked me my address......i told him..............he practically hung up on me,saying some bs about he'll get back to me................................... god was i fu**ing annoyed over this

Just cause i live in larchville doesn't make me a scumbag,doesn't mean i'm not capable of doing the job:mad:

Very good point. Many of my work colleagues are from council estates. I was reared in a council house myself, so do not treat or look upon them any differently. Why should I? PEOPLE WHO DO NEED TO GET A GRIP.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Half of the country do, its not unsual. If you live in rough areas, not a lot of people will consider you the same. Odd, but true. Kinda see there point to. Can say a lot about a person in some cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    As a resident of Kilcohan I don't know what to are on about . To the OP all these estates are the same as ever estate in ever city in Ireland 95% of the residents are decent hard working people the other 5% are scum.

Ps As for some of these so called better locations (Ardkeen etc )One or two of them are going to become war zones in the next 10 years mark my words.

There certainly is not 5% of scum in every estate in every city.
    On what do you base your assumption that ardkeen will become a war zone?
    What like Tescos versus Lidle?fight to the death?

And to the OP,the rants about the traffic on the dunmore rd are greatly exaggerated,it's really not that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Contradiction after contradiction.

And to the OP,the rants about the traffic on the dunmore rd are greatly exaggerated,it's really not that bad.

Of course it's not.............:eek::D

Sully wrote: »
    Half of the country do, its not unsual. If you live in rough areas, not a lot of people will consider you the same. Odd, but true. Kinda see there point to. Can say a lot about a person in some cases.

see, Sully. There's the problem. What you (or others) consider to be a rough area may not necessarily be so. And as for people looking down their noses - they're more to be pitied. Nouveau riche. Not too long ago in this country everyonne was in the same boat. An address does not make you a better person - merely ensures that some tosser who was probably reared not too far away (or their parents) won't prevent you from getting a job.

What a sad, sad lot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement