Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pain Of Salvation

• 03-12-2007 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Not amazing quality clip, but god I love this song. It's from their first album, Entropia, which is a seriously good listen, and I'd seriously recommend it.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Nice Parker Fly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Enjoyed that alright...Question Karl - how do you find a lot of these bands?!

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Pain of salvation are brilliant. I still only have Remedy Lane, last time you started a thread about them you recommended another of their albums but I never got around to getting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Passenger wrote: »
    Nice Parker Fly.

Indeed. They're awesome guitars, but people are very put off by their looks. I love them myself though, very unique.
    Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Enjoyed that alright...Question Karl - how do you find a lot of these bands?!

Well, in this instance, it was another user on here who introduced me. Can't think of his name offhand though.

But in general, we've got the intraweb at our command, it's hardly much of a task to find new bands of interest.
    D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    Pain of salvation are brilliant. I still only have Remedy Lane, last time you started a thread about them you recommended another of their albums but I never got around to getting it.

Remedy Lane is fantastic. The album I probably recommended was Entropia, I think.

Remedy Lane is fantastic. The album I probably recommended was Entropia, I think.

Remedy Lane is amazing. I'm going to have to get some more of their stuff soon, I've heard BE is good, so I'll probably get that and Entropia.

• Advertisement

Remedy Lane is amazing. I'm going to have to get some more of their stuff soon, I've heard BE is good, so I'll probably get that and Entropia.

Yeah, I liked BE, there's a lot of classical and folk influences on there, so it's quite different. I think that's what I love about the band, there's a hell of a lot of different influences at play, and even Entropia had a lot of funk influences.

They're just one of the most genre-bending bands out there.

Yeah, I liked BE, there's a lot of classical and folk influences on there, so it's quite different. I think that's what I love about the band, there's a hell of a lot of different influences at play, and even Entropia had a lot of funk influences.

They're just one of the most genre-bending bands out there.

Do you have any Fates Warning? That's how I got into Pain Of Salvation in the first place. I was recommended by a FW fan that I'd like these guys too. I've never seen them being mentioned around these forums. If you don't I highly recommend you check 'em out.

Do you have any Fates Warning? That's how I got into Pain Of Salvation in the first place. I was recommended by a FW fan that I'd like these guys too. I've never seen them being mentioned around these forums. If you don't I highly recommend you check 'em out.

No, I've heard of them, but never checked them out. I'll stick 'em on the auld to do list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

These guys are seriously talented musicians. They way they change tempo and style throughout songs makes for a listening experience that keeps you on your toes. Personally I think Scarsick is my favourite album of theirs. You've got hard rockin' (Scarsick), happy pop (America) and ambient (Cribcaged) all in the first four tracks :)

No, I've heard of them, but never checked them out. I'll stick 'em on the auld to do list.

Their first 4 albums are some of the best 80's US Power metal with insane vocals. They drop that style after that, so anything from 1989 onwards should be what you're looking for :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Still haven't got round to getting Entropia - have Remedy Lane, The Perfect Element & One Hour by the Concrete Lake... The rest are on my list for Santa :D

malice_ wrote: »
    These guys are seriously talented musicians. They way they change tempo and style throughout songs makes for a listening experience that keeps you on your toes. Personally I think Scarsick is my favourite album of theirs. You've got hard rockin' (Scarsick), happy pop (America) and ambient (Cribcaged) all in the first four tracks :)

Don't forget the Disco and Hip-Hop styles as well. ;)

Seriously mind-melting band.

Don't forget the Disco and Hip-Hop styles as well. ;)
    :D Ah yes, how did I manage to leave those off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Just got my hands on this now after watching the original video posted.

I loved the song on the clip so heres hoping the rest is more of the same(so to speak).:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Just listening to the Remedy Lane album now. Good stuff.

adox wrote: »
    Just got my hands on this now after watching the original video posted.

I loved the song on the clip so heres hoping the rest is more of the same(so to speak).:)

What did you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

What did you get?

Entropia. Played it straight through a couple of times and really liked it.Really loads to get your teeth into.

I dont know how I missed these guys.I`d never even heard of them before you posted and they would have been right up my ally when they were first on the scene.:)

Excellent stuff, glad you like it. :D

I know, they're definitely not the most well heard of band, and it's a shame. If talent had anything to do with the music business, these guys would be a household name.

If talent had anything to do with the music business, these guys would be a household name.
    That's a subject for a whole other rant. It's actually quite depressing sometimes when you think of what is rotated on the rock/metal channels on television. The same bands and songs over and over :mad:. Don't even get me started on the radio, thank God for the Internet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Out Of Order

Well, in this instance, it was another user on here who introduced me. Can't think of his name offhand though.

That may have been me.
    malice_ wrote: »

I wasn't sure what to make of Scarsick at first but it grew on me a lot.
    Definitely my fave album of this year along with Joanna Newsoms 'Ys' (technically last year). BE is still my fave though.

Amazing band live too! Can't wait for the Paradiso DVD.

• Advertisement

That may have been me.

Indeed it was! :D

Advertisement