Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God of a Mod

Options
  • 03-12-2007 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Ok some positive feedback if its not out of place?

I am referring to to this post in this thread, Victor has gone out and gotten a simple answer to a simple question. Not a big deal? No, its not but I just thought I would share it for all the mod-haters that come to feedback with their Fight the Powah! threads.

Now I am not a regular over there and he might be a prick usually, I really dont know, but just thought I'd share.

Please not that this thread title is very over the top but I just ate a really big cookie!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Victor is a nice mod

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Boo hiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Fair play to Victor. Its nice to see mods spending their time nurturing and developing their communities and helping out posters, instead of being ban-happy badasses :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I didnt start this to say all other mods are shit, I am sure i could find good examples of modding in plenty of forums. This just stood out because he contacted the people as a mod of the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

where are these mod-hatters you speak of? I demand a fedora, post-haste!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

6th wrote: »
    I am sure i could find good examples of modding in plenty of forums.

Yeah, look at me, I'm awesome. :)

Yeah, look at me, I'm awesome. :)

No seriously ... there are good mods.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I thought this thread was about me.
    It's not, so you obviously haven't a clue 6th.

Vic's alright like, he just ain't me. :/

Ah Ber, you're a Goddess of a Modess .... is Modess a new word?

*Edit: Oops, Actually I take that back!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

When I hit reply it was with the intent of saying "yeah but you've got boooobs", but then while waiting for the page to load (seriously, it took freakin ages!) I realised... "oh wait, Victor has booooobs too?", hmmm so now I don't know what to say :(

• Advertisement

You say it best, when you say nothing at all ...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

azezil wrote: »
    hmmm so now I don't know what to say :(

That's a first.

Thanks 6th
    You've reduced me to an ST. Wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I didnt start this to say all other mods are shit, I am sure i could find good examples of modding in plenty of forums. This just stood out because he contacted the people as a mod of the forum.

Totally agree, a lot of forums benefit hugely from having a levelheaded mod who's passionate about the subject.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There are many excellent mods. The poker mods are really terrific imho, the PI mods walk a really tough beat and do it brilliantly. The Nutrition mods seem to really nurture a community as do the Photography mods (in fact the Photgraphy forum is a really shining example of a killer community). Theses are just some of the forums I inhabit and feel proud of. TCN fulfils its niche brilliantly. I could go on and on... Its a terrible pity that great moderators are taken for granted while complaints abound....
    I'm sure there are others which I simply dont know about because I dont frequent there.

DeV.

They all have lovely bottoms ....

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

DeVore wrote: »
    The poker mods are really terrific imho

Admit it, they let you win all the time, don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

DeVore wrote: »
    There are many excellent mods. The poker mods are really terrific imho, the PI mods walk a really tough beat and do it brilliantly. The Nutrition mods seem to really nurture a community as do the Photography mods (in fact the Photgraphy forum is a really shining example of a killer community). Theses are just some of the forums I inhabit and feel proud of. TCN fulfils its niche brilliantly. I could go on and on... Its a terrible pity that great moderators are taken for granted while complaints abound....
    I'm sure there are others which I simply dont know about because I dont frequent there.

DeV.

*blushes*

Extra C&H's tonight!

I'm more striking than lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Thanks 6th
    You've reduced me to an ST. Wonderful.

Wow the last person I heard refer to them as ST was my Granny, may she rest in peace.

6th did you really think you could get away with implying Beruthiel was a
    jamrag or a geebag ?

Like I new Modess was a brand of ST? I just googled it when I thought I had made a new word >_>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Don't forget to bring a (sanitary) towel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

At the risk of being banned. 6th Have you no idea of how many people see you as a total vaagina sucking twat head?

It is feedback. :)

correct forum? checks... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

At the risk of being banned. 6th Have you no idea of how many people see you as a total vaagina sucking twat head?

correct forum ? hmmmmmm, dont think so...... Still....., nah.....

Strange how no one has said it to my face?

Off topic: Hey just noticed you and me are like neighbours ... I live in Aylesbury.

So what do you think of the example of modding I have picked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

What's wrong with vagina sucking anyway? It's the staple of a healthy relationship.

... and diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

So what do you think of the example of modding I have picked out?

There are many excellent forum oversee'rs on boards. You starting an idiot suck ass thread won't make any difference to that.

That is what I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

geebag.

hehehehehehehe.

• Advertisement

Sometimes you remind me of Reese from malcom in the middle ....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement