Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

very easy pizza/ calzone dough

• 03-12-2007 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi there,

Does anyone have a recipe for pizza/ calzone dough that can be done in a food processor? Realistically, I am not going to rub butter into flour (I’ve seen that in some pizza doughs) and I probably won’t even knead dough.

And if I’m dreaming, and there is some reason that all dough needs to be kneaded, feel free to let me know

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Puffin wrote: »
    Hi there,

Does anyone have a recipe for pizza/ calzone dough that can be done in a food processor? Realistically, I am not going to rub butter into flour (I’ve seen that in some pizza doughs) and I probably won’t even knead dough.

And if I’m dreaming, and there is some reason that all dough needs to be kneaded, feel free to let me know

Never heard of butter in a pizza dough before... olive oil is the thing, if you need any added fat at all, which is debatable. No rubbing in is required, just whisk the oil into the water with a fork and then add it to the flour, salt and yeast.
    However I think unless you go out and buy a breadmaker or similar, you're just going to have to knuckle down to some kneading. Working the dough is necessary to develop the gluten structure, which is what makes it rise well so it's light and airy - without kneading, the dough will tend to be flat and heavy. There aren't really any major short cuts to a good pizza dough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Puffin

damn. but thanks heaps for letting me know.

i got the rubbing in butter bit from a darina cookbook kicking around. have to admit i'm not here greatest fan.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ah, Darina Allen uses a scone base for her recipes, that's why there's butter involved. I've made that one, and it's actually really tasty, if you put the effort in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

ok, it's not an easy recipe, but if you want to cook a good pizza, here's how:

http://slice.seriouseats.com/jvpizza/

...complete with pictures and meticulous instructions.

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Faith wrote: »
    Ah, Darina Allen uses a scone base for her recipes, that's why there's butter involved. I've made that one, and it's actually really tasty, if you put the effort in.

Now you mention it my mum used to make a scone-type pizza base. Nice but not very authentic!

( btw, I'm suddenly a whole lot more enthusiastic about christmas since I saw your seasonal avatar :) )

• Advertisement
Advertisement