Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 1 modchip

Options
  • 03-12-2007 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭

OK I recently dug up my Playstation one (SCPH-9002(, and I can't find anywhere on the net to get a modchip. I know it's ancient, but I got all nostalgic so I want to be able to use it again. Unfortunately I sold all my games about 5 years ago.

Does anyone know of any suppliers/have one lying around?

Muchos gracias

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Any half decent PC these days can emulate the PS1 almost flawlessly,

With better visuals too.

Maybe this wont help you but just letting you know of the option.

Check www.ngemu.com for the better emulators.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

How about a PSP? Its plays 99% of all PS1 games flawlessly and its portable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

WellyJ wrote: »
    Any half decent PC these days can emulate the PS1 almost flawlessly,

With better visuals too.

Maybe this wont help you but just letting you know of the option.

Check www.ngemu.com for the better emulators.
    Just downloaded ePSXe there and it works a treat, thanks. Loading times...are nonexistant, lol.
    ongarite wrote:
    How about a PSP? Its plays 99% of all PS1 games flawlessly and its portable.
    I really just wanted to re-live some of the old classics, so forking out for a PSP wasn't really an option. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm still in the market for a chip though if anyone can help me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Klotjer

Sean_K wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any suppliers/have one lying around?
    I have found these two shops
    http://www.modchip.ca/
    http://www.psx-shop.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Sorry for necroing, but I just found out about this recently:

You can play any region PS1 games (backups or otherwise) without any mods by doing the disc swap trick, like here (many other videos too). But it can be tempremental - you'd want good CD-Rs burnt as slowly as possible. It may increase your chance of wearing the laser/motors, but I have a spare PS1 so I'm not too bothered.

You don't even need a real game - I just use some crappy demo disc :) (I have a good few if anyone wants one)

The same trick works on the PS2 for PS1 games, but obviously is a bit harder to achieve.

• Advertisement
Advertisement