Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want 2 buy an electric RCC

Options
  • 03-12-2007 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

hi all, i want to buy an RC electric buggy or monster truck, new or second hand i dont mind, if u know of anyone selling one at bargain price give me a shout,thanks - Paul -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

pbaker1983 wrote: »
    hi all, i want to buy an RC electric buggy or monster truck, new or second hand i dont mind, if u know of anyone selling one at bargain price give me a shout,thanks - Paul - 0877855785

Do not post personal details such as telephone numbers please.
    If you need to give them to anyone you can PM them. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 pbaker1983

SORRY:eek:

SORRY:eek:

Only for your own personal safety :cool:
    Are you not going to delete your phone number?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭kirving

I have a HPI RS4 MT, electric truck. All stock Parts. Its been used less than 10 times, its still in excellent condition. The battery would probably need replacing, possibly the motor too if you wanted a better one. I'd be selling it with the radio and batteries. The full set cost me 380 new, how much would you be willing to pay?

Is >> THIS << any good to you?

• Advertisement

thanks!!!! that seems good , but wat would i know ? wat u think of it,would it be fast ?how much would u say its worth bidding till, it starts bidding at 40 sterling, ty

i have an oppurtunity to buy a traxxas sportmaxx 4 100 euro, its a 1yr old and seems ligitimate, does anyone have any idea if this gas powered car would it be to much hastle 4 some1 who doesnt much about RCC engines ect .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 lotus791

if the standard trx engine is in it run it very rich as they are a pain .part from that you will have fun ask the person sellin it do they have the dvd it came with as it explains most about the engine set up.or look on trx website

i have an oppurtunity to buy a traxxas sportmaxx 4 100 euro, its a 1yr old and seems ligitimate, does anyone have any idea if this gas powered car would it be to much hastle 4 some1 who doesnt much about RCC engines ect .....

Doesnt look half bad in >> THIS VIDEO <<

The only concern I would have is the engine. If it is the Blue head it would be quite ok.
    If it is the silver head they can be a BUGGER TO TUNE..!! :(

is it simply the colour of the engine i have to look out for(whats the difference in the two engines?, wat i know is that it is a smaxx 2.5, I got him down to 100 does that sound fair,what would it be new, thanks for all the help

• Advertisement

where can i buy parts ect.... how much would a new engine cost about.

Have you seen it running?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

FYI, the TRX 2.5 (grey head) and the TRX 2.5R (blue head) are exactly the same engines - except for the heads obviously.

€100 for a good 2nd hand S-Maxx sounds like a deal to me, but if you're unfamiliar with nitro engines, I'd suggest you tag someone with you that can help you look the model over before you part with the dosh.

Parts are readliy available (eBay or online hobby shops) and are cheap enough with the weak US$! (I got a new sleeve, piston and rod for $50 delivered.)

T-Maxx wrote: »
    FYI, the TRX 2.5 (grey head) and the TRX 2.5R (blue head) are exactly the same engines - except for the heads obviously.

I was certain that only the later ones were identical?
    Didnt the earlier grey hed ones have different port timing or something?
    they then modified it to match the blue head one ( 2.5r ) :confused:

Still
    €100 is a deal alright.
    Could always put an OS18 engine in there or even an RB323 afterwards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

t-maxx for €300, loads of spares, new diff, pipe, servo etc:cool: pm me of interested.

Plug wrote: »
    t-maxx for €300, loads of spares, new diff, pipe, servo etc:cool: pm me of interested.

Incl. Big Joe's, 2 x extra engines, 2 x extra bodies, etc?

vectra wrote: »
    I was certain that only the later ones were identical?
    Didnt the earlier grey hed ones have different port timing or something?
    they then modified it to match the blue head one ( 2.5r ) :confused:

I think you have the Pro.15 engine in mind which came fitted in the original Maxx.

(Says something about your age though ...:D)

I think you have the Pro.15 engine in mind which came fitted in the original Maxx.

(Says something about your age though ...:D)

Nope
    That had a blue head on there as well though as far as I remember because one of my buddies has one.

BUT
    the difference between the earlier grey head 2.5 and the 2.5r in the revo
    was
    The Bule more efficiant head
    and
    Slightly different porting
    PLUS
    The blue head ones apparently were much easier to tune

Got to admit they're not the easiest engines to tune. Very powerful for a 2.5cc though once you get in dialled in.:D

i bought the sportmaxx, i was given a masterclass on how to operate it from your man i got it off,:D;):D;):D

the only thing wrong with it is the rear suspension isnt as springy as the front by about 50%
    do i need to replace the springs, or the whole shock???

any upkeep and maintainance tips for the car would be much appreciated.

Does any one know good areas in dublin to use the sportmaxx ? - I live in south Dublin. ty

• Advertisement

I would go about as follows:

1. Clean
    2. Check for possible binding, ie bent hinge pins
    3. Replace/lubricate as required.
    4. Check spring retainers
    5. Check shock for possible bent shaft

Chances are slim that the actual spring needs replacement, but you could take it off and compare with the others. Servicing the shocks might be required, ie new oil and/or seals.

is servicing the shocks as u desrcibed a job i could do myself?

Where is a good place in dublin for a bash?
    thnks:)

is servicing the shocks as u desrcibed a job i could do myself?

Sure, not difficult at all. Get some silicone oil first because you'll need to fill up the shocks again. 35w is about the factory fill.
    Where is a good place in dublin for a bash?

Anywhere really.:p Just be mindful of the noise pollution.:D

Sure, not difficult at all. Get some silicone oil first because you'll need to fill up the shocks again. 35w is about the factory fill.

Anywhere really.:p Just be mindful of the noise pollution.:D

thanks t maxx where does one get silicone oil in dublin:rolleyes:

Try the lads down at Green Hobby & Model - very helpful and friendly.

thanks t maxx where does one get silicone oil in dublin:rolleyes:

Green hobby and models

Lol
    Snap..!! :d

hi guys, my traxxas wont start:mad: the starter motor is turning but the engine itself isnt turning over,`WHEN I TRY TO start it with the e-z starter.... i brought to green models to ask them to fix it but they said there to busy, they said maybe the gears may be stuck or something,but im really lost when it comes to this,anyone have this same problem b4 , or know how to fix it,PM IF anyone can fix it and ill pay em. thanks guys:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Green Hobby would get to do it for you after a few days once the post Xmas rush is over. You could drop back later.

But if you want to get it going right now ... you want to look at the gears inside the rotostart area, one of those has probably lost a tooth or 2.
    Do you have the book belonging to the car? Look for the sub-assembly diagram of the area where the rotostart plugs into the car.
    It is a screwdriver job, not too advanced.

• Advertisement

hi guys, my traxxas wont start:mad: the starter motor is turning but the engine itself isnt turning over,`WHEN I TRY TO start it with the e-z starter.... i brought to green models to ask them to fix it but they said there to busy, they said maybe the gears may be stuck or something,but im really lost when it comes to this,anyone have this same problem b4 , or know how to fix it,PM IF anyone can fix it and ill pay em. thanks guys:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Simple job I reckon, I would suggest that the "One way" bearing is slipping.
    You need to remove the starting assembly on the rear of the engine, Slide off the one way bearing and wash it out in WD40. Put it back together and all should be ok.;)

>> READ HERE << :cool:

Advertisement