Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want 2 buy an electric RCC

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 pbaker1983

i did all u guys said:eek:
    i cleaned the nut in wd40, it wasn't that dirty, and cleaned all the other bits around it , then i looked at all the gears and they all seemed fine, no breaks or cracks, took them all out and replaced them properly,its still just turning over the starter motor thing and not the actual engine,
    i really want to get this resolved , any thing else i can try or is there any one i can leave it with o fix,
    thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

pbaker1983 wrote: »
    i did all u guys said:eek:
    i cleaned the nut in wd40, it wasn't that dirty, and cleaned all the other bits around it , then i looked at all the gears and they all seemed fine, no breaks or cracks, took them all out and replaced them properly,its still just turning over the starter motor thing and not the actual engine,
    i really want to get this resolved , any thing else i can try or is there any one i can leave it with o fix,
    thanks ;)

Did you put the oneway bearing in the right way round? ( not sure if it fits both ways )

ye i did , it had the writing facing outwards.

well actually that depends on weather it should be facing out on the engine side or on the gear side.i had it facing out on the gear side:confused:

well actually that depends on weather it should be facing out on the engine side or on the gear side.i had it facing out on the gear side:confused:

STEP 1: Note that on some models, the rubber exhaust pipe will require removal in order to gain access to the EZ-Start mechanism. you'll need to remove the engine from the Revo, Nitro Vee, and all nitro Maxx truck models in order to access the EZ-Start. Remove the EZ-Start by loosening the three 3x8mm round head machine screws that thread into the engine back plate. Next, remove the one-way bearing, but first take note at the way the bearing is installed. The text located on one side of the bearing must face the engine case when installed onto the starter shaft.

Writing should point towards the engine according to that. ;)

• Advertisement

ye thats the way i put it back together, maybe its just something i cant simply spot:(

ye thats the way i put it back together, maybe its just something i cant simply spot:(

You said 2 posts up that you put it in facing the gear side which is facing out.
    Now you say it is facing in.?
    Im confused :confused:

basically the nut side with the writing on it is facing the engine--- is that right?
    sorry for the confusion

basically the nut side with the writing on it is facing the engine--- is that right?
    sorry for the confusion

Sounds right.

Not sure what to suggest then only get someone like GHM to look at it for you.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Try the following:

1. Slide the OWB (one way bearing) over the engine's starter shaft and turn it - see if if grips either direction. If not - the OWB needs replacement.
    2. With the EZ start assembly removed from the engine, hook it up to a DC power supply (anything between 2.4 and 8.4V should prolly do it) to see if it actually turns the OWB. If you look closely at the EZ start motor, you'll see a little + and - next to the terminals. Tip: Once it actually turns, it's easy to make sure that the OWB is in the right way around .
    3. Worst case scenario: check to see that the piston actually moves up/down and that the conrod didn't snap.:eek:

(If you're still stuck, I'm in North Dublin and could give you a hand.)

• Advertisement

T-Maxx wrote: »
    3. Worst case scenario: check to see that the piston actually moves up/down and that the conrod didn't snap.:eek:

I didnt want to say that :o

ur a sound man tmaxx:):):):):)

ill try all that advice

and dont worry the piston moves

Advertisement