Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Sacrelidge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Yepp, it's a double whammy on the sacriledge front.
    The car is horrible and looks nothing like the original ...aaaand ... just because something looks vaguely like a VW van doesn't automatically entitle it to the name "camper" (not even if it is a VW van :D)

General rule of thumb: if there aren't any campingy-bits in it, it ain't a camper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

As a novelty item I think they look v cool. Great for parking around town!! (well easir than my MH):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

ned78 wrote: »
    http://www.algysautos.com/vw-mini-campers.html

Horrible horrible horrible, why would someone do it?
    This is anything but sacralidge, I think these are rather cute and I cannot wait to see them hit the Irish market!

This is what one would call a real sacralidge http://vintagebus.com/gallery/section/image/2179.JPG

If anything it is a fantastic idea because it gives those who can't afford the real thing a chance to drive a counterfeit. It also helps preserve the origional models from potential butchers and those who can't drive. The only thing missing is that strip of white insulation tape down the centre of the windshield!. Lets hope they will also produce it in the samba deluxe or a barndoor version!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 The Terror

Register over on www.type2ireland.org and you can win a real vintage VW campervan in their charity raffle :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

peasant wrote: »

General rule of thumb: if there aren't any campingy-bits in it, it ain't a camper

But it is quite camp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Camp?

Are you calling me camp?

frontlargelw3.th.jpg

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭folkswagen

or check out adverts.ie and find a very nice one for sale - ready to go:D

Advertisement