Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Skating...

Options
  • 03-12-2007 4:08pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to go ice skating with some mates. I've seen the new one in Booterstown, has anyone been?

Is the one in town still working? Which is better? Someone told me that they do not have real ice - but slippery plastic you skate on instead, is this true? How the hell does that work!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Far as I know there are no ice rinks in the city, the nearest is Dundalk.
    But the 7up xmas on ice is running at the rds atm.
    http://www.7upchristmasonice.ie/ice-skating/

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

www.goskate.ie is the one in Booterstown...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

There's the place in Smithfield too, info here. Dunno what it's like, but seems to be running for long hours and is a decent size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Anyone know what Liffey Valley is like? Heard it's really small too...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I'm looking to go ice skating in Booterstown, but does anyone know if they do size 15 boots. I do know that 7up on ice do that size but I want to book booterstown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I understand that booterstown had replaced smithfield, insurance reasons or such like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

dubtom wrote: »
    I understand that booterstown had replaced smithfield, insurance reasons or such like.

Smithfield is running this year. I go past it every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 hockey1

ye just to say smithfield is open was there last week with my mates and was really good covered but still kinda open at the ends etc had a grate time music was good lights etc was big as well and not to crowded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 hockey1

dubtom wrote: »

heard on the joe duffy it was sommit to do with the lads running booterstown not getting the tender this yr or the like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Liffey val is quite small but doesnt seem to be that busy in the evenings at least from what ive seen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

come up and visit us in Dundalk

www.dundalkicedome.com

Advertisement