Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Corolla T-Sport

Options
  • 03-12-2007 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭

I drive a volkswagen golf 1.4, which i'm looking to sell at the moment. I have being looking at the Toyota Corolla T-sport which i'm looking to get after x-mas. I've not seeing any in ireland or heard of to many people talk about them. I've seeing a couple on carzone, but will probably end up going up to the north or going over and bring one back from england.

I'm basically just looking for feedback from people who may own one or have driven one and what they think of them in general before or if i decide to and buy one?

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=667536

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've driven a few of them, including the "Compressor" supercharged model. To be honest, you'd be better off getting a Celica if you're gonna get ridden for insurance.

The engine isn't in keeping with the rest of the car, to get the best out of the engine you have to take it past 7,000 rpm, and it just seems wrong in a Corolla, I felt like a tool driving it, as I sounded like some oik in a 1.4 trying to break the engine!

From the outside, the T-Sport looks like a standard 1.4 Corolla, with only 16" alloys making it stand out from a 1.4 model.
    The engine is quite noisy, and it doesn't feel as good trashing it as it does in an identically engined Celica.
    Interior wise, it looks the same as a late Corolla Luna, with only the (mismatching) red dials letting you know it's the T-Sport.

They were sold in Ireland, as was the Compressor special edition (same supercharged engine used in Lotus) never in large numbers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I've driven a few of them, including the "Compressor" supercharged model. To be honest, you'd be better off getting a Celica if you're gonna get ridden for insurance.

The engine isn't in keeping with the rest of the car, to get the best out of the engine you have to take it past 7,000 rpm, and it just seems wrong in a Corolla, I felt like a tool driving it, as I sounded like some oik in a 1.4 trying to break the engine!

From the outside, the T-Sport looks like a standard 1.4 Corolla, with only 16" alloys making it stand out from a 1.4 model.
    The engine is quite noisy, and it doesn't feel as good trashing it as it does in an identically engined Celica.
    Interior wise, it looks the same as a late Corolla Luna, with only the (mismatching) red dials letting you know it's the T-Sport.

They were sold in Ireland, as was the Compressor special edition (same supercharged engine used in Lotus) never in large numbers though.

^What he said - They don't seem as comfortable at high revs as a VTEC Honda, plus they don't really look any different than a normal Corolla.

Would you consider an S2000?

Advertisement