Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TaeKwonDo in Kilkenny

Options
  • 03-12-2007 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi, a quick breakdown of where I'm at:

I'm Living in Carlow, and studying there during the week (I also work weekends). I used to do Olympic TaeKwonDo in the North before moving to Carlow. At the moment, the nearest Olympic TKD clubs are in Kilkenny. As I have no transport of my own, plus the buses and trains don't tie in for getting home :(

I was wondering if anyone here trains in those clubs and could give me information on how to get transport??

Thanks guys

Damian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I don't know anything about the TKD clubs but there is a bus that leaves Carlow IT for Kilkenny every day around 5.30. I used to get it when I was a student there. It only runs during the college year, of course. Getting back could be a problem though alright :/
    There's a train at 19.20 but I imagine that'd be too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Stephen wrote: »
    I don't know anything about the TKD clubs but there is a bus that leaves Carlow IT for Kilkenny every day around 5.30. I used to get it when I was a student there. It only runs during the college year, of course. Getting back could be a problem though alright :/
    There's a train at 19.20 but I imagine that'd be too early.

Is that the kavanagh's bus or a different service? I know kavanaghs have a bus that leaves kilkenny at 7.30ish for carlow but i think that would be the latest you'll get a bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

The TKD clubs around here run @ 7pm-8pm. So getting to and from classes is undoable with a car. Do you know anyone with a car that might be interested in taking TKD with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its Dunnes, they run a daily bus to and from the college. I think Kavanaghs operate one as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 kalmanon

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    The TKD clubs around here run @ 7pm-8pm. So getting to and from classes is undoable without a car. Do you know anyone with a car that might be interested in taking TKD with you?

Thats the problem lol, unless theres someone with a car, I wont be able to travel :(

• Advertisement

Here is Guy Jones' email addres: guyjonestaekwondo@yahoo.com

Here is the email he sent me when I was inquiring about taking TKD lessons.

Dear John,
    Thank you for your interrest in Tae Kwon Do.
    Our classes are on Tuesdays and Thursdays 6-7 for children
    7-8 beginners/Intermediate 8-9:30 advanced
    Our classes monthly fees are 48 Euro
    All missed out classes are credited to you.
    Every 8 credits are redeemed by a month free of charge.
    Our classes are geared towards sparring techniques.
    Our Tae Kwon Do is WTF (the olympic style)
    If you are joining in the middle of the Month each class is 5 euro.
    I hope you have all the information at hand .You are welcome to join at anytime.
    Our classes are in the Lacken Lane (past Lacken house on your left hand side)
    The premisses were used as a Montessori school.It is the bungalow at the Cul de Sac.
    Best regards,
    Guy

I was interested in doing it but the Tuesday classes interfere with my Judo classes.

You should make a post in the Carlow board or the Self-Defense and Martial Arts board and see if you can hook up with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but does anybody know if these Tae Kwon Do classes are still being run by Guy Jones.

Hephaestus wrote: »
    Sorry for bringing up an old thread but does anybody know if these Tae Kwon Do classes are still being run by Guy Jones.

I believe they are.

Advertisement