Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Integrating a website and SMS

Options
  • 03-12-2007 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

There is a website called www.sms-contacts.ie <- might not be work suitable which has an interesting idea, but I don't think it's being implemented properly.

I would like to implement something like this.

Does anyone have any advice for me regarding where to start or who to contact?

Note I am a developer, but I have not worked on an SMS system before.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ianhobo

Hey dude,
    lots of people in work here checking boards, would be nice if you warned people that the site they are going to open may not be appear* suitable!!!! :mad:

I say appear because I immediately closed it!

by the way, googling will help

in general for web texts
    you buy a package from a provider, usually costs between 4/5c a message
    either integrate with an api into your app, or just forward them a mail in a pre-defined message format

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I think it's just a dating site? Sorry I didn't think that might be unsuitable for work.

I'll do some googling!

ha ha its ok, i just got a shock with the tacky page and the scantily clad women :)

I did some investigation into this for my last company, but they changed their mind , sorry, i cant remember any urls, but i found all the necessary info through google

Advertisement