Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nursing in UCC!

• 03-12-2007 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hey

I'm not sure where to post a general post like this.

I've been pretty interested about doing Nursing in college. I've heard bad and good things about it so I'm still thinking about it!

But I'm also trying to decide about which college??

Anyone know what nursing is like in your college, and whats the college like itself? My cousin goes to UCC and seems to love it! In a way I'd like to get out of dub

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

Hey im a fourth year in ucc nursing.
    its a good course but im training in a hospital which seems to be pretty hard on all of us, its tough going at times and not about just study...
    ucc campus is great and a lovely city. i suggest u do some care assistant work while u are thinking about it.....
    one of my best mates in college is from clondalkin and loves it down here..... good luck! if u have any questions ask away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Hooly22

How would I get care assistant work?

The only thing I've done is work experience in Temple Street.

Might be able to get some form of work in Vincents... probably not this summer though!

Hooly22 wrote: »
    How would I get care assistant work?

The only thing I've done is work experience in Temple Street.

Might be able to get some form of work in Vincents... probably not this summer though!

try nurse on call, theres always care work going in community hospitals and nursing homes..... its less stress but hard going... would give u a real taste of the arse wiping and licking that is required to keep ones head above water....

im in a b***h of a mood after a night in a&e, i think i will go into banking or law or something....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭flonge

Im doing a pre nursing course,its another way of getting in to the nursing degree programmes..
    Its a good course because it gives you an idea as to what nursing is like,you do a workplacement one day a week.
    Im doing mine in a local geriatric hospital,It's good so far!

I was wondering is it hard to get in to ucc via the FETAC route?

flonge wrote: »
    Im doing a pre nursing course,its another way of getting in to the nursing degree programmes..
    Its a good course because it gives you an idea as to what nursing is like,you do a workplacement one day a week.
    Im doing mine in a local geriatric hospital,It's good so far!

I was wondering is it hard to get in to ucc via the FETAC route?

personally i find that rgns take everything more seriously when u have to get them to sign their name beside your actions. its ALL about documentation and maybe its just in my hospital but personality clashes can hold your progress back.... but there is a bit of that in everything u do.... the system is changing but u really gotta be on the ball and utterly efficient and know everything and be liked. lol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement