Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing in UL!!!

Options
  • 03-12-2007 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hey

I'm not sure where to post a general post like this.

I've been pretty interested about doing Nursing in college. I've heard bad and good things about it so I'm still thinking about it!

But I'm also trying to decide about which college??

Anyone know what nursing is like in your college, and whats the college like itself?

I did the IUP course in UL, college seemed great

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭girlwitcurls

do midwifery!!!!!!!nursing is dealing with all sick people so work with people who are well and all lovely new born babies!!!!and ul is possibly the best college in ireland!(im not biased)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Hooly22

Midwifery isn't something I've ruled out yet!;) But, I wanted to do childrens nursing. Did work exp. in temple street.. loved it!

Are u doin midwifery yourself?

The one thing is.. i hear nurses don't get treated well, and some end up hating there job:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

mmmm babies taste good.

Cheers
    Rory

That's so odd:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Going by what I heard at the last class reps meeting (last Tuesday) student nurses don't (or used not to) get treated well by UL...class reps doing their job = world of hurt for them.
    But they do have a nice, shiny new building to play in...and a ridiculously expensive bridge to connect them with the rest of UL.

• Advertisement

Hooly22 wrote: »

Sorry bit of an injoke there....I don't actually eat babies.

i dont know about nursing students but im a midwifery student in ul and absolutely love it and i think all the staff are so good and helpful!and yes we have a lovly new building too and cool models!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

rmacm wrote: »
    Sorry bit of an injoke there....I don't actually eat babies.
    Not an in-joke surely :eek: Were'nt people burnt at the stake round here a while ago for that :D

Ha weird.....:(

I have to ask.... (i'm asking this with absolutely NO disrespect to nurses by the way) but I hear they're treated like **** some of the time! Are nurses repsected?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I have to ask.... (i'm asking this with absolutely NO disrespect to nurses by the way) but I hear they're treated like **** some of the time! Are nurses repsected?
    By other students? Of course.

By their own department? Usually.

By the HSE? Erm, no, especially not student nurses. I'll put up the last three An Focal "why nurses are being treated like crap" stories when I find them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Not from Rory. He emailed his entire class (including me) a good while back to let them know baby-eating was a weekend pastime. Don't fall for his tales of denial.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

sceptre wrote: »
    Not from Rory. He emailed his entire class (including me) a good while back to let them know baby-eating was a weekend pastime. Don't fall for his tales of denial.

To be truthful that email was either me, Kai or Otacon!

Having said that...

5c2ddbf781209cc3d392.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Don't you dare take credit, don't you dare...

Knew a few nurses who did the course and they seemed to be enjoying themselves. Although prepare to be labelled as easy!

looks tasty lol.......

I've no idea why I'm discussing the merits of baby eating on a thread about student nurses.

Cheers
    Rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

rmacm wrote: »
    looks tasty lol.......

I've no idea why I'm discussing the merits of baby eating on a thread about student nurses.

Cheers
    Rory
    me neither :boggle:

Back to nursing puhleeze.

other students do not treat student nurses or student midwives like crap and the staff certainly dont.nurses are essential to the health system so why disrespect that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

.nurses are essential to the health system so why disrespect that!
    :D

That's a paddlin'!

Anyhoo, I have a number of friends who have done nursing and they are loving it now. Found jobs relatively easily but more importantly in the areas they wanted.

It takes work but so do all courses.

Just to set the record straight, I didn't say I had no respect for nurses!

Just alot of nurses I talked to said that the doctors didn't treat them that great, and didn't seem to get much respect considering what they are doing!

Otacon wrote: »
    Don't you dare take credit, don't you dare...

Knew a few nurses who did the course and they seemed to be enjoying themselves. Although prepare to be labelled as easy!

Easy in what way..?

• Advertisement

wat does thats paddlin mean?

My God, can anyone understand me or have I somehow developed a different accent!?

is paddling a term???!

My God, can anyone understand me or have I somehow developed a different accent!?

Well.... i wan't sure if you meant... easy as in a slut (can i use that word no?) or as having an easy job...

/mutters something about where his job is..*cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

is paddling a term???!
    i,ll paddle you lol if you watch the simpsons you,ll understand lol

wat does thats paddlin mean?

From your user name I'm going to assume that you're a girl and say oh my dear little sheltered girl. Give a look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotic_spanking

A paddling/paddlin' as the dude in the Simpsons pronouced it can be rather fun depending on what you're into :)

Cheers
    Rory

I'm a little drunk so I apologize for any offense I may cause by this post.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

is paddling a term???!

Jasper: Talking out of turn...that's a paddling. Looking out the window...that's a paddling. Staring at my sandals...that's a paddling. Paddling the school canoe...ooh, you better believe that's a paddling.

8e0604654c4bc5d45211.gif

ok im mortified!!!!!!!!im sheltered i guess!!!!!!!!!im up s!!!t creek without a paddle now!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Jesus Rory; I thought it was just a joke that you were into that.

Trust you & Pete to derail this thread :rolleyes:

Advertisement