Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Professional Make - up

• 03-12-2007 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Is it worth getting make - up done professionally? I will be attending a wedding over the xmas holiday and I have been thinking about getting this done (I've watched Off The Rails & What Not To Wear Make Overs way too much & I'd love to see what the professionals would be like and now i have a proper excuse to treat myself for the wedding !!)
    Thing is, I'm in Waterford so hopefully some fashion board members can recommed some places in the area that they may know of.
    I was going to post in Waterford city forum but I think I might get a better response here - hopefully!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭dollydrops

Just a warning about getting your make up done! Make sure you stress what you want and the colours that you are going to be wearing. I had a bit of a disaster once when I got my make up done. I ended up looking like a granny. I got it done in a beauty salon and the girl just packed the make up on my face. I had an orange face, blue eye liner, blue & white eye shadow and pink lipstick. I went home and scrubbed my face ended up with a red blotchy face for the night.

I don't know anywhere in Waterford I'm afraid. I don't want to put you off but if I was you I'd make sure the place you were going was highly recommended. I know that Boots do make up applications at the different counters if there is a large Boots store near you. The No.7 counter do an application for €25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭jaxy999

Ya, I know the dangers of the possible of getting make up done in a salon. One time I was getting my legs waxed & the girl doing it was like an oompa loompa!! Not really a good advertisement for her salon!! I'll have to make a few enquiries from friends and family about some salons. Just remebered there is a really nice salon in Tramore called Hogan's that I have been to for leg waxes (the oompa loompa girl worked in a different salon just so no confusion there!) and it's really good and the girls are very nice espiecially Gwen. She was telling me one time that they were doing the make up for a wedding party of a neighbour of mine. Might make some enquiries there. Any other reccomendations also welcome

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

is there a Brown Thomas in W/ford?? If so, try the MAC makeup counter, they used do makeup lessons for 25. Mate got hers done for a ball last year, was fabulous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Got makeup and hair done in the salon at the woodlands hotel there a while back, it's Carolines' salon (she also has one on the quay in waterford if that is handier) and I have to say I was pretty happy with the results - lasted all day and night without retouching, only thing I would say no matter what salon you go to is be sure of what colours you want or what suits you (ie don't go in and let someone slather you in pink or blue eyeshadow if you normally prefer browns or plums etc) and if you want to look natural as opposed to "fake tanned to the eyeballs" mention that too.
    Staff at Carolines were nice and friendly and professional (I have no affiliations with them BTW just happy with the makeup I got there).

However, I'd normally prefer to do my own makeup as I know what products work best with my skin but go for it if you want to treat yourself.

Advertisement