Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Insitute

Options
  • 03-12-2007 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

Just wondering, is anyone here attending or has attended the Institute's day classes?
    I'm thinking of going next year, mainly because I want to do eight subjects (my school only offers seven) and timetabling restricions in my school.
    Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I had a similar situation regarding subjects (my school doesn't offer applied maths), so I do it in the Ballinteer Institute and I find it great. Remember there are other places offering classes, not just the Institute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

I'm sorry, I think I made my first comment a little vague.
    My school doesn't only offer seven subjects (far more, in fact). The main problem is, they only allow students to take seven for the LC. They probably could fit in another (pointless study classes where people just mess) but I doubt they'd be open to such an inconveniece.
    I suppose that the main problem is the timetabling restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I think that's the case in most schools. You don't really technically need to do more than 6 subjects anyway, so a school putting on 8 seems excessive.
    My school makes us do 7, but I wanted to do applied maths (instead of Music, which has turned out to be handy anyway) so I do it outside school.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah girls in my year do physics/chemistry/Latin/accounting/economics in the 'tute and find the classes to be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Munya

The Institute is great. I recommend finding out about the teachers before you go, some aren’t as good as others, but overall the tute rocks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement