Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

comic shop?

• 03-12-2007 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

I've had several people tell me there is a comic book shop in waterford but no one seems to have a name for it and all have given me different locations for it. Can someone confirm for me if there is or isn't a comic book shop in waterford.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Yes there is and it is on the Quay between the Clock Tower and The Tower Hotel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Bards wrote: »
    Yes there is and it is on the Quay between the Clock Tower and The Tower Hotel

cheers bards, nice to know people weren't imagining it.

Don't suppose i could bug people for some simple directions if driving in from kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

drive over the bridge and its near the bus stop

cheers will have a wander down tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

emo!! wrote: »
    drive over the bridge and its near the bus stop

There's a second hand book shop near the bus station that sells comics but the comic shop is opposite the Plaza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

bluesfan wrote: »
    There's a second hand book shop near the bus station that sells comics but the comic shop is opposite the Plaza

Didnt that book shope close down ?

Also the place where The Reef/Tall Tales used to be seems to sell manga and the like, havent been in there but they could do comics too.

the comic shop is opposite the Plaza

ok wheres that? seriously I'm getting in my car in like 15 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Take a look at this link -
    www.waterfordinfo.com/maps/html/E07F09.asp

Come across the bridge and up the quay to about the same level as the third blue parking square. The shop should be pretty much across the road from there. Think its called ComixZone ?

c - 13 wrote: »
    Take a look at this link -
    www.waterfordinfo.com/maps/html/E07F09.asp

Come across the bridge and up the quay to about the same level as the third blue parking square. The shop should be pretty much across the road from there. Think its called ComixZone ?

cheers hon, found it no prob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Its called comicstop as far as I am aware. Good to hear you found it ztoical, the directions were'nt the best ;):p .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

Yeah its called ComiXstop....I know the owner...hes a sound guy....also will do paintings and sketches for you...Hes really good too

ec18 wrote: »
    Yeah its called ComiXstop....I know the owner...hes a sound guy....also will do paintings and sketches for you...Hes really good too

yeah had a good chat to him - turns out we went to the same college, not at the same time but we know alot of the same people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

So what did you end up buying? Does the shop sell new stuff or is it only back issues?

So what did you end up buying? Does the shop sell new stuff or is it only back issues?

Its back issues like Story in temple bar in dublin. I actually didn't go down to buy but to find out were the shop was and talk to the owner - I run an annual comic event called 24 hour comics day and I want to try and reach more comic fans outside of dublin and get them involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Oh I'm interested! Do tell more!!
    Tall tales is the best in Waterford for newer comics. They only stock volumes but they've some great stuff such as preacher/house of M/civil war/ Secret wars/ Transmetropolitan/ watchmen etc

Asmodean wrote: »
    Oh I'm interested! Do tell more!!

about the comic shop in waterford or 24 hour comics day? I think all the info for finding the comic shop are in this thread. 24 hour comics day was held in october and will be back next october but we've out grown our current location and budget so working on finding a bigger venue and building a better event for '08

Info can be found at our comicspace website or the boards comic forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Oh I know about the shop.I'm often in there, was wondering about the event. Thanks for the info I'll check it out :D

Advertisement