Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit miffed with Xtravision

Options
  • 03-12-2007 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Last week i went to Xtravision to purchase the latest PS2 Wrestling game for my son for Xmas.

It sells in some shops for €39.99 but Xtravision are €49.99 and a free Wrestling DVD (while stocks last).

Anyway the lady in the shop told me she had no free DVD's but they were due in the following day. I went ahead with the purchase and she said she would hold me a DVD the next day and to call back with the receipt.

Anyway 7 days later trips to the shop and 4 phonecalls and still no DVD. The lady in the shop is now getting irritated with me and she points out the the advertisement states "while stocks last".

I feel very aggreived as she told me very clearly when making the purchase that the DVD would arrive the following day but now looks like will never arrive. :(

Does anyone know what my rights are in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

While Stocks Last pretty much sums it up, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Actually it really depends. The fact that the lady said she was getting more stock in and you bought the game on the promise of getting the free dvd they should offer you an alternative if that stock isn't coming in. And if they didn't have enough stock to cover the anticipated demand then they could be guilty of misleading advertising.
    Take back the game and ask for to speak to the manager and explain that they haven't fulfilled the ladies commitment to you and ask for an alternative or ask for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

daiixi wrote: »
    Actually it really depends. The fact that the lady said she was getting more stock in and you bought the game on the promise of getting the free dvd they should offer you an alternative if that stock isn't coming in. And if they didn't have enough stock to cover the anticipated demand then they could be guilty of misleading advertising.
    Take back the game and ask for to speak to the manager and explain that they haven't fulfilled the ladies commitment to you and ask for an alternative or ask for a refund.

Thanks Daiixi i intend to do what you say tomorrow.

I did only go through with purchase because the saleswoman assured me it would be arriving the following day. (By the way more misleading advertising because it's advertised on yesterdays Sunday World as coming with the free DVD and no mention on the ad of "while stocks last".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

My best advice in this situation would be to go back, ask for a full refund which they should issue with no problems since you bought it on the premise of getting a free dvd...and go to the other stores where they sell it for cheaper. Unfortunately the "while stocks last" bit will probably cover them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

Can you not return the game if you still have the receipt ?
    I'd do that if its unused and buy it for €40 elsewhere. (Go to a different Xtravision if you dont want to meet yourone again)

• Advertisement
Advertisement