Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black appearing as Grey in PDF ?

Options
  • 03-12-2007 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just exporting a CD single artwork from Illustrator as a PDF but the blacks are appearing as grey in the PDF. I've tried laying it out in inDesign with the same results.

I've double checked that everything is in CMYK, everything is linked up proper all the images are showing as 100% K under the dropper tool, just dunno why they are turning grey !

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Doesn't Illustrator use "Rich Black" or something for blacks. Have a look in the preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

5uspect wrote: »
    Doesn't Illustrator use "Rich Black" or something for blacks. Have a look in the preferences.

I think that if you set the CMYK settings to C:50 M:40 Y:40 K:100 then that should be true black. Haven't used Illustrator for a while but I remember an issue about just having K:100 is not rich / true black.

Advertisement