Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wanting more people around

Options
  • 03-12-2007 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

ok, im in rotten form now cos i have a week of nights but work will be all over soon and i will be back to the pink and sparkling world of student nurses in ucc.... *sigh*....
    Moving to my own place in shanakiel soon and my worlds been slowly shrinking with friends movin away etc, i am just wondering if theres any adult am dram groups going on (or something similar) for me to join, i used to do a bit of it before and would like to make a few new friends and open things up socially as well as just DO something..... something fun and interesting....
    i like to write but am not overly arty or luvvy... i dunno....

anyone in same position?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Come to our Christmas beers!

The more the merrier and all that malarky.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

aww shucks.... thats nice of u to say....
    when is it? im on nights now all week (oh god.... so depressing)
    and in dublin next week for three days midweek.... sounds fun though.... i work with mostly girls which can be really dull and bitchy! say where and when and i'll see what i can do!

BEEEEEEEEER!

*Well Cider, but hey....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

We havent sorted a date yet (but we will).

Sticky at the top of the forum refers.

Bring the colleagues along, we don't mind ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

male student nurses preferably :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Men doing traditionally female jobs confuses Morbo.......

That 'Cork Social Group' is still going afaik. They meet about once a month and orgainise stuff like trips to Cloyne, Fota, the opera house, etc. Their members look in here every now and again so if you shout loud enough......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

all_smilz wrote: »
    ok, im in rotten form now cos i have a week of nights but work will be all over soon and i will be back to the pink and sparkling world of student nurses in ucc.... *sigh*....
    Moving to my own place in shanakiel soon and my worlds been slowly shrinking with friends movin away etc, i am just wondering if theres any adult am dram groups going on (or something similar) for me to join, i used to do a bit of it before and would like to make a few new friends and open things up socially as well as just DO something..... something fun and interesting....
    i like to write but am not overly arty or luvvy... i dunno....

anyone in same position?

I know exactly how you feel. Most of my friends in UCC have headed off or dropped out and now i have only one or two mates on campus. In first year it felt like i had a hundred! Erasmus sucks, boo!!

well i wouldnt say i had a hundred but a dozen reliables.... now theres none! what u study? arts? i did that in 99 for two years.... great to meet ppl

nah most male students are taken or too cool for school.... sigh....

well i wouldnt say i had a hundred but a dozen reliables.... now theres none! what u study? arts? i did that in 99 for two years.... great to meet ppl

Yup, Economics and History. Had a great time in 1st year and 2nd, this year is a draaag.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

poop to the people getting on with life while one spends the rest of their days in college. some day i'll escape... some day :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

That 'Cork Social Group' is still going afaik. They meet about once a month and orgainise stuff like trips to Cloyne, Fota, the opera house, etc.
    Sure what's in Cloyne apart from my gorgeous good self?

dahamsta wrote: »
    Sure what's in Cloyne apart from my gorgeous good self?
    errr i dunno......

what IS in cloyne?

errr i dunno......

what IS in cloyne?

A tower!

Tree wrote: »
    poop to the people getting on with life while one spends the rest of their days in college. some day i'll escape... some day :D
    ah u love it really.... i will be glad to get back.... last night was quiet and most of the conversation was about what we'd all do if we werent nursing and how the hours suck and wouldnt it be great to have weekends off and how we could get out of nursing shift work and do gp practice nursing...
    and have lives, and friends and so on.

A tower!
    that some kind of metaphor? my brother works in cloyne building with westwood (or some such named company).... other than that i didnt know it existed.

that some kind of metaphor? my brother works in cloyne building with westwood (or some such named company).... other than that i didnt know it existed.

No there really is an old round tower down there.

We havent sorted a date yet (but we will).

Sticky at the top of the forum refers.

Bring the colleagues along, we don't mind ;)
    ok well i can do the 21st..... but i;ll be working til 8.
    how about fionnbarras? on douglas street? has beer garden and is kind of cosy? or the mutton? im more of a brog-head but anywhere with booze is good....

No there really is an old round tower down there.
    well i WAS just kidding.... seems my days in chat have made me cheeky.... apologies galore....
    not sure whats appropriate.

well i WAS just kidding.... seems my days in chat have made me cheeky.... apologies galore....
    not sure whats appropriate.

Ahh, just thought because you were a little dim! ;)

ok well i can do the 21st..... but i;ll be working til 8.
    how about fionnbarras? on douglas street? has beer garden and is kind of cosy? or the mutton? im more of a brog-head but anywhere with booze is good....

Nurses :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Nurses :rolleyes:
    *student nurses* i am afraid we are not as exciting as people think.... at least not the ones i know.... i am the only one with a tattoo and the ability to do shots that arent baby guinness' i like a good party and havent been out in AAAAAAAAGES. hope i dont disgrace myself....

i must admit to trying to aviod student nurses in general. they are ratehr squawky when you get a group of them in the pub. social studies wans are worse.

scientists are yer only man

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Yeah - most scientists are quiet cos they have the social abilities of a door-post.

Isn't there a statue of Christy Ring in Cloyne too? 'tis a lovely tower though and who doesn't love that small cross bang in the middle of the town? The streets are in fantastic condidtion too - you'd feel better off in a lunar rover. Bypass anyone? :)

Tree wrote: »
    i must admit to trying to aviod student nurses in general. they are ratehr squawky when you get a group of them in the pub. social studies wans are worse.

scientists are yer only man

i avoid em myself... mostly cos i am a mature student and very classy and non squawky and so forth..... ahem.

i really know some awful gob****es in my year.... if they arent running parades for chastity and abstinence they are deaf from the Brown Thomas cashiers till ringing..... *vomit*

i need to start thinking of a nice nifty postgrad to work towards.... got sent to a&e tonight.... what a shower of ****es...

Yeah - most scientists are quiet cos they have the social abilities of a door-post.

Isn't there a statue of Christy Ring in Cloyne too? 'tis a lovely tower though and who doesn't love that small cross bang in the middle of the town? The streets are in fantastic condidtion too - you'd feel better off in a lunar rover. Bypass anyone? :)

reminds me of that joke..... what do *insert appropriate profession* use for contraception?

their personalities!

*i mosty tend to use that with engineers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Student Nurses online? Cmon guys, you SO know this is a scam, and it's this guy pretending to be a lesbian nurse!

mt1107623537.jpg

i am too tired to look but is there a forum where cork people can bitch about their jobs?????????

cos i'd like to subscribe.....

if i WAS a lesbian nurse i think i;d be A.) a NUN or B.) Have better things to be doing than be online.... ummmm such as chase young skirt into the sluice room to.... to... to.... show them my urinalysis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

HEY!
    oh wait, that's true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

egomotion.net Christmas party will be on sometime around the 20th - I'll post again when we have a date set - so if any of ye are into films/making films/acting etc then come along and meet lots of like minded (and friendly!) people.

Advertisement